Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-09 17:57:33

MartinS
Website

Search function error message

Not sure if this question (and its secondary question) belongs here or in "Gallery".

The TTG search function on my site works fine if I search for a single name, such as Bemmel.

However, if I search for the full surname, in this case Van Bemmel, I receive an instant error message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Where should I look for such an error log, exactly, and why would I get an error in the first place? The name Van Bemmel is in the database. Strangely enough, I receive no error message when searching for my home town Alphen aan den Rijn, which occurs in every gallery and is correctly found by Search.

I suspect my database may be corrupt and would very much like to re-upload all metadata without exporting the images, which takes about an hour for 300 images and I have thousands. The database got messed up when using the Voyager plugin (more about that another time) and I had to restore many galleries from my hosting provider's backup system. The galleries are all working again but perhaps there is messy caption or other metadata in the database. Seeing as the images have all been restored, LR will not let me push metadata only (despite being set up as "Push metadata without updating existing photos" in the Publishing instance) and insists on doing a complete export. But all the photos are already on the server and correctly found and indexed in /galleries/. I just wish I could push all the carious galleries' metadata again to make sure the database has it all in the right place. But how, I wonder.

#2 2015-12-09 18:23:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Search function error message

You're in the right place, this is a Publisher issue.
Ben will need a link to your site and, likely, admin access to ttg-be

See http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer