Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-04 19:52:38

MartinS
Website

Publishing instances - how to move from one catalog to another

If this is documented within the forum or docs, please point me in the right direction (thank you).

When setting up my site with Publisher the first time, I used input from various LR existing (large) catalogs such as (simplified) Private2014, Private2015, Press2014, Press2015 and whatever. This sort of separation of photos I need to maintain in the future too. Numbers of images are huge.

Various publishing instances were set up in the various catalogs but this is leading to conflicts over time. I wish to combine all the Publishing services (Stage, auto-index, galleries etc) in the Library module of the various catalogs into the most recent, catalog, and into any future catalog such as Work2016, so that (at least the main structure of) my site can be managed from one catalog.

I cannot find out how to do this (move or copy publishing instances and their contents) without risking Publisher messing up the database on my server. Suggestions will be very welcome.

#2 2015-12-04 21:26:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publishing instances - how to move from one catalog to another

Use the Lightroom Voyager plugin to move Publisher collections between catalogs
https://alloyphoto.com/plugins/lrvoyager/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer