Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-17 22:25:26

theomolenaar

Stage vs publisher

Stage looks like an interesting addition for adding video's and other stuff. As I am progressing in prototyping I am getting quite enthousiastic over all  the possiblities and features of the (combination of) plugins.

But will stage work with publisher generated albums ? If I update an album set whil the stage content that I put in a directory stay unharmed?

Sorry, would be easy to try out, but than I would have to buy it first.

#2 2015-11-17 22:41:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Stage vs publisher

yes, Stage will work with Publisher.

Just like any album, if you change its template in Publisher, the album will take on the settings and styling of the template.
So if you have an album that's using CE4 Gallery and you want it to become a Galleria slide show, create a Stage template set up for Galleria and upload it to the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder.
Then in Publisher, simply change the template of your album and the album will go from being a regular CE4 Gallery to a Galleria slide show.

If you're using Stage for videos, then the images in the album don't matter and you'll have to manually upload the video.

But all of this is covered in the Stage documentation
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php#ce4_stage

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-17 22:52:02

rod barbee
Website

and just to add to this, Stage is my favorite TTG plug-in because it can do so much. I think Matt called it the Swiss Army knife of TTG plug-ins.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2015-11-18 00:32:01

theomolenaar

Even better than I thought. I did not realize (nor read) that you could  use stage  as a template. I read the  documentation but I did not see anything about the relalation with publisher. What I meant is that a manually uploaded video in a album set that is managed by publisher will not be affected by republish actions etc.

#5 2015-11-18 00:54:46

rod barbee
Website

What I meant is that a manually uploaded video in a album set that is managed by publisher will not be affected by republish actions etc.

not exactly sure what that means. Album Sets can't show videos, they can only show the albums within the sets

Albums made with Stage templates can show videos. For example: HTML 5 video in Stage via Publisher: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _publisher

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-11-18 01:09:42

theomolenaar

Sorry I am not clear.

Suppose I have an album set in publisher. That leads to a directory. In this directory I also place video's. That I manually  have to upload as you said.

Then I change things in the album set  and republish it. Will the video still be there, indexed etc. ?

Or should I be asking this in the publisher forum?

Last edited by theomolenaar (2015-11-18 01:59:25)

#7 2015-11-18 01:55:08

rod barbee
Website

If you have Stage video albums in an Album Set and you change styling or other things in the Album Set, all Albums within that set will still be there. Just like with regular albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-11-18 03:44:18

theomolenaar

Ok great. I think I really like to add 'Stage-stuff'. Just discovered your tips site. Nice. !

Board footer