Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-10 06:03:52

theomolenaar

Updating a theme

I have udated my Lightroom Theme for wordpress (different home page with galleria slideshow and a changed header png.

I read in the documenntation that if you give the team the same name wordpress sees it as an upgrade. However Wordppress gives the message that the theme is already there. So the uplod failed.

1) how can I update and does the galleria slideshow als gets uploaded

or

2) What gets damadged if I import as a new theme ? I have not done much settings apart from the menu's. Would the link with the gallery be damadged?

#2 2015-11-10 07:23:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Updating a theme

When I update my theme I just export, overwriting the original, and upload the entire exported folder to the themes/ folder.

After you update the theme, you'll need to go into theme customization to enable Galleria

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-10 22:48:54

theomolenaar

Thanxs

That works fine.

Last edited by theomolenaar (2015-11-10 22:49:23)

#4 2016-06-24 09:27:25

Big Red

I've been trying for many days to save a TTG Lightroom web template, all to no avail. What I export an edited Lightroom web template it will not allow me to place a '.lrtemplate' on the template folder.

1. Without a '.lrtemplate' extension on my '.lrtemplate' template will not show in in the Lightroom Web template browser. How do I add this extension.

2. How to you open a .lrtemplate' on the template folder for editing of the "Syue

3. re: After you update the theme, you'll need to go into theme customization to enable Galleria

Finally, not clue on what the the above statement means.

Believe me, I am totally lost on what should be a simple task.

#5 2016-06-24 13:27:33

rod barbee
Website

you shouldn't need to add the .lrtemplate extension. Simply saving a new template in the Template Browser should do it. (Left hand panel in the Web Module)

How to you open a .lrtemplate' on the template folder for editing of the "Syue

Can you elaborate? What's "Syue?

if you need to directly edit a template, open it with a plain text editor. The templates are in the .../Lightroom/ Web Templates/ folder. Specific location depends on your OS: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … b_template

when you say you're trying to save a Lightroom Web Template, what exactly do you mean? How are you trying to do this.

the statement about enabling Galleria in the WordPress theme means that you need to log into the WordPress blog, go to the Theme Customizations, and enable Galleria to be used in the WordPress theme.

What is it that you're trying to do?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-06-25 06:22:18

Big Red

re: How to you open a .lrtemplate' on the template folder for editing of the "Syue

Can you elaborate? What's “Syue?. Well that its kind of dumb on my part. I must of bumped my keyboard just before posting. “ Syue" was meant to be “styleData.”

re: if you need to directly edit a template, open it with a plain text editor. The templates are in the
     .../Lightroom/ Web Templates/ folder. Specific location depends on your OS: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … b_template

Yeah, I figured the above issue out after I sent my post yesterday, Thursday. Though it is nice to learn that I am doing, at least, one thing right. Albeit a minor enforcement that I am doing one thing right.

re: What is it that you're trying to do?

Lets start here next because this is where I'm have all the trouble. I’m attempting to set up a “CE4 Theme for Wordpress, first by the three major steps there, which also leads to six major steps at “Universal Setup” in the “CE4 Documentation” webpage. Spent hours on this task, several times, only to learn the everything I have entered in the R.H Column has not been saved. I’ve been working on this endeavor nearly full-time for six weeks and yet to publish one theme webpage. This exercise has really beat down even though I’ve been a professional software developer for over forty years.

In the “Installing the Theme” document where the leadoff sentence states, "After using the Lightroom plugin to customize and export your theme, you will need to add the theme to your WordPress installation.” I have yet to get past this step with over a hundred hours of trying.

I did not ask for help earlier because I assumed that using the Lightroom Web module is far from being “rocket science.”

Anyway, yesterday, I determined that I must need to save my Web Template once I enter the parameter inputs in the R.H. column. I assumed that the “Save Time by Sharing Templates” document provided the procedural steps that I needed to perform. In this document it states, at the bottom of page 1, "Save your design as a template using the “Template Browser; this will be your source template.” I could not find any “Save” button or "Save” menu item within the Template Browser side of things, so I decided that the “Export” button in the R.H. column is what I needed, This Export would not let me enter a ’.lrtemplate’ file extension in what I just exported. This is when I wrote my support post yesterday. Obviously that R.H. column “Export” button did not produce the results I required. I now understand why I could not enter a ’.lrtemplate’ file extension on this folder. This action does not export a Template file, but something else I am not sure what.

My User and Groups rwx bits are 744 for my CE4 templates. Don’t think that this file access should matter.

Editorial ON
I observe that the TTG documents are fairly well written, but sadly there is no road map providing where to start and the exact order procedural steps to be performed. I do realize that there is more that on set of desired procedural steps depending on what your desired end results are. I’ve spent hours on reading the TTG documents attempting to identifying were to start and the exact procedural step order. X before Y or Y before X? I start X only to lean that I need to do Y first.
Editorial OFF

FWIW: I do appreciate your help and your very prompt response.
       I like your ttg-tips blog too. Very nice that you provide this information.

#7 2016-06-25 13:55:59

rod barbee
Website

Spent hours on this task, several times, only to learn the everything I have entered in the R.H Column has not been saved

you've probably already figured out you need to save your settings as a User Template.

In the “Installing the Theme” document where the leadoff sentence states, "After using the Lightroom plugin to customize and export your theme, you will need to add the theme to your WordPress installation.” I have yet to get past this step with over a hundred hours of trying.

I could not find any “Save” button or "Save” menu item within the Template Browser side of things,

Like other things in Lightroom (like creating Collections), click  on the plus sign in the Template Browser heading

so I decided that the “Export” button in the R.H. column is what I needed, This Export would not let me enter a ’.lrtemplate’ file extension in what I just exported. This is when I wrote my support post yesterday. Obviously that R.H. column “Export” button did not produce the results I required. I now understand why I could not enter a ’.lrtemplate’ file extension on this folder. This action does not export a Template file, but something else I am not sure what.

Clicking on the Export button will, export a web gallery. In the case of Theme for WordPress, it exports your theme, ready for upload to your site.

Lightroom tends to make things confusing at times. There's the Create Saves Web Gallery button in the upper right of the preview area. This just saves the current settings as a Web Gallery, which is a kind of Collection. After you've saved it, any changes you make are remembered in that Web Gallery "collection". So if you make a mistake, that will be saved.

The only way to safely save your settings is to save as a web template in the Template Browser (click that plus sign!)

After export from Lightroom, you install the theme manually in your WordPress installation. the entire exported folder goes in the /wp-content/themes/ folder as per the WordPress documentation:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes … _.28FTP.29

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-06-26 11:53:58

Big Red

Oh thanks, for so much help advice. Yes some of what you state is obvious when one more fully thinks it through. I going to give some of your input a spin, if not all, on Sunday. By Monday I should be able to be performing "real" work.

Board footer