Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-02 02:15:46

parpersson
Banned

No vendor conformation e-mail received

Hi,
Could you please help me to explain why I don't get a confirmation e-mail when clients submit their response?

I am running CE4.
I have entered my (vendor) e-mail in the TTG BE Settings.
Mail Send Type is set to mail.
Application Version for the TTG BE Admin is 2.0.4.
Application Version for the Client Response Gallery is 6.1.1.
Demo Mode is set to no.

I can see the submitted feedback when logged in under Feedback > View Feedback.
The client does get a confirmation e-mail when upon submission.

How come I, the vendor, don't get a confirmation e-mail?

Kind regards
// Pär

#2 2015-11-02 02:17:24

rod barbee
Website

Re: No vendor conformation e-mail received

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-02 04:19:46

parpersson
Banned

Thanks for replying so quickly. Though, the links you posted are for people who use the smtp settings for mail generation.

I stick with the setting "mail" (not smtp).
I don't get an error message saying that something went wrong.

PS. I cannot say that I know why you should use "smtp" over "mail". I was under the impression that "mail" should work right out of the box. As the client gets a confirmation mail and I don't, I assume there ought to be some setting that I haven't defined correctly. DS.

#4 2015-11-02 05:28:41

Ben

Hi, those posts actually apply to sending via mail and not smtp. When CRG sends via mail a sender's email address is given to the mail function. Hosts' internal SMTP servers will look at that address and decide whether they trust the address before either sending the email on your behalf, and if sending, whether to mark the from sender in the email as the one provided to mail, or to use a generic or system from address.
By setting up that email address in your host's control panel, you're informing the host that the address is valid. This is how some or most hosts work. Adding an email to the control panel shouldn't mean you need to use the host to handle your receipt of emails. That would require further setup that shouldn't be needed for the purpose of having mail sending emails properly.

#5 2015-11-02 06:26:46

parpersson
Banned

Thanks Ben. Could you please be a little bit more specific, preferably an instruction with steps?

I should go to the control panel of my web hosting service and somewhere add my (vendor) e-mail as a trusted e-mail address? Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

I handle both my domain name and web server at the same web hosting service and I use the e-mail address, brev@parpersson.se, for a website, www.parpersson.se, that is saved on their servers. Hard to think that the e-mail address should be refused?

#6 2015-11-02 06:46:20

Ben

In that case it sounds like you've already added those addresses in your host's control panel.  Is that where you set them up?  If that's the case, then I'm not sure why emails aren't going out or being received.

The steps to set up email addresses will vary from host to host.  All we can provide is generic advice such as 'set up the email address in your site's control panel'.

Board footer