Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-27 03:41:59

alfredb

Publisher-managed Home Page

Hi guys

As far as I can tell I have done everything in http://theturninggate.net/2014/07/the-p … home-page/ and http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page, but cannot get my flip gallery to work as with CE3. I still only get the index page as my home page as set up in Pages.

Under CE3 you could set your Home page to be 'Full-screen, Flip Gallery' under 'Home Page: The Block Content'. Anything I must do under CE4 to emulate this? Am using publisher without problems, creating client CRG and cart galleries under /galleries and regular portfolio galleries under under /portfolio.

in Pages, Appearance, The Gallery the 'Page Assignment' is set to 'disabled' as per Matt's screen grab. Is this correct? Should it be 'Home'? Replacement by Publisher is 'Yes'.

in Pages, Appearance, The Media Area, The Home Page the 'Content Type' is set to 'No Content / PHPlugins Outlet'.

Publisher 'Top-level galleries directory' set to 'galleries' and the images have correctly published to 'galleries/pages-gallery/'.

Definitely missing an obvious step somewhere, but as I am not sure how CE4 goes about pointing to the published 'pages-gallery' folder to mange the home page I do not know where to look. Have re-read everything, but am stumped.

#2 2015-10-27 03:55:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher-managed Home Page

Link?

in Pages, Appearance, The Gallery the 'Page Assignment' is set to 'disabled' as per Matt's screen grab. Is this correct? Should it be 'Home'? Replacement by Publisher is 'Yes'.

Set this to Home (did you try this?)
If you plan on replacing it with Publisher, then set this option to yes.

in Pages, Appearance, The Media Area, The Home Page the 'Content Type' is set to 'No Content / PHPlugins Outlet'.

If you're going to use Publisher to replace the Home page, this setting doesn't matter.

The way it works is that Publisher will find an album in the galleries/ folder with the slug "pages-gallery" and use that to replace the page you've designated.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-27 04:16:31

alfredb

link http://www.darkroomstudios.co.za/

Set this to Home (did you try this?)
If you plan on replacing it with Publisher, then set this option to yes.

Will try setting it to 'Home' (did not want to do it before as it did not appear to be necessary in Matt's tutorial) and Publisher option is set to 'Yes'.

The way it works is that Publisher will find an album in the galleries/ folder with the slug "pages-gallery" and use that to replace the page you've designated.

It does look straight forward from a setup point of view. Therein lies my confusion.

Will report back whether setting to 'Home' does the trick.

#4 2015-10-27 06:22:23

alfredb

Thanks yet again Rod.

It turns out it was the  Pages, Appearance, The Gallery the 'Page Assignment' setting. Must be set to 'Home'. Obvious once you get your head around it, not so much if you are following the tutorial blindly as a first time user.

As my site is up an running for all intents and purposes I wish to thank you at this time for all your assistance and incredibly quick replies the past few days. As I get more  comfortable with the software I might try a few more things, so you might get some more ignorant queries in future. Thanks to Ben and Matt for the software as well.

#5 2015-10-27 07:09:02

rod barbee
Website

Glad it's all working!

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer