Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-21 18:31:03

bernard45
Website

Cannot publish album set

I have the web publisher bundle.
I have created a auto index template and upload it into  the  ttg/templates/autoindex  folder.
I am able to create and publish a stand alone album , with my gallery template, no problem.
But I am not able to publish a album set or a album belonging to a album set.

When I create the album set in LR, the auto index template appears in the list of possible templates, the creatiion looks ok, the publishing as well (no message).
But when I try to edit the album set in LR, or try to publish an album belonging to the set, I get an error message saying that the folder/../../galleries/album-set-name is not found.
Indeed with FTP, I see that this folder has not been created.

So in summary, stand alone albums are ok, but album sets and their albums are not.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks,
Bernard

#2 2015-10-21 20:11:09

Ben

Re: Cannot publish album set

Hi Bernard, one suggestion is to open up the Album Set in Publisher and click the 'edit' button.  This should attempt to create the album set on the server if it doesn't already exist, and may provide a useful error message if it can't be created. 
Lightroom suppresses any errors on album or album set creation, so editing them can sometimes reveal the errors.

If that doesn't solve the problem or give further direction, then please email me the LR Publisher log file, via the Email link under my name.  The log file is named ttg.log and resides in the Documents directory of your PC.

#3 2015-10-22 00:08:40

bernard45
Website

OK Ben, I have deleted all the components on the server, and the albums and album sets in LR.
I have uploaded pages, gallery and autoindex , created one album set and 2 albums, and it works now !
Thanks,
Bernard

#4 2015-10-22 18:10:22

bernard45
Website

Hi Ben,
I have done a few cosmetic changes, deleted everything on the server (pages components, gallery and autoindex templates), uploaded again, deleted also galleries and gallery sets in LR , and I hit the same problem again : when I create an album set, the corresponding folder is not created in /../../galleries.
I am sending you the debug trace.
Bernard

#5 2015-10-22 19:49:19

Ben

Hi Bernard, what happens if you then go and edit the same album set?

#6 2015-10-22 23:53:07

bernard45
Website

Hi Ben,
I get :
Impossible to rename published collection
Unable to perform action : createAlbumset
Message : unable to find directory : /../../galleries/Afrique       (=albumsetname)
Bernard

#7 2015-10-23 01:00:06

bernard45
Website

Ben,
I found something.
The same album set name was already existing in another publishing service.
So it means album set names have to be unique across all services ? Maybe across all collections ??
So it looks like an error coming from LR, not TTG , sorry for my mistake
I am careful but so far it looks ok with another name.
Thanks
Bernard

Board footer