Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-12 23:37:32

paulo_tebet

CE4 Full Screen Lightbox & WordPress

The more I dig on this product the more I got blown away. It is fantastic!

I have recently discovered the functionality of CE4 Publisher that allows me to use Publish Services from within LR and speed up things and organize them with Colection Sets and Smart Collections publishing the Proof (CE4 CRG) with even Private area support for the customer. Awsome!

I realize that there are some CE4 modules specially built to create web galleries in a very effective way and with lots of features like full screen light box that is one of my required feature to by website.

The problem is that I have some much more requirements specifics to my website that includes:

All my images needs to be organised in a particular way inside my site. Because of this I have never picked up a WP gallery plugin to upload my images, because they either want to upload to the regular wp-contents/uploads or to some custom gallery specific folder. From my initial tests, it looks like CE4 operates somehow in the same way. Even though I can select a custom folder for each gallery to be exported (via Publishing Services) the folders would have a bunch of other stuff inside them.

Right now, I have a way of adding some metadata to each image making to which class of images would them be uploaded to. For example:  wedding, pre-wedding, post-wedding.
This way, using some smart collection logic and FTP publishing services I can have a whole shoot uploading different images to different places inside my website like this;

mydomain/images/going-to-get-married/pre-wedding/
mydomain/images/going-to-get-married/wedding/
mydomain/images/going-to-get-married/post-wedding/

So my premisses to create image galleries inside WordPress is to be able to use images already in the WordPress/Media Library ( I have managed to make my custom ftp upload to show up in WP Media Library).

My big issue has been with the Lightbox. right now I am using NextGen Gallery (free edition ) plus the Next Gen Plus Gallery (paid Plugin) just to have access to one of their lightbox that gives me the ability to use the Full Screen Lightbox as show in here http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/nextgen- … y/6424/543  (

So basically I have to have 2 very heavy plugins on my site ( NextGen + Next Gen Plus) with tons of features that I don't use just to be able to use their "Full Screen Lightbox" on regular WordPress Images from WordPress Media Library.....

Now the real question:

I've seen that CE4 does have a Full Screen Light box that would suit my needs. The "problem" is that is not a WordPress Plugin. I understand that the scope of CE4 modules is way bigger that then just WordPress and can be used to create amazing Images Galleries with stunning Lightbox.

For me the issue is that the only thing I need is a WordPress Full Screen Light box that can be used on regular WP Media Library images.

Is there any change of getting just the Full Screen Lightbox functionality working inside a WordPress site??

Because of my very unique needs I believe that CE4 Autoindex, CE4 Gallery would not be useful.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If I could not find a better way I will have to keep using an AK-47 plus a Magnum 44 to kill a fly.... (hope it translates... ;-) )

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

#2 2015-10-13 01:10:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Full Screen Lightbox & WordPress

TTG galleries are specific to Lightroom, they cannot be used by WordPress. That would be a completely different WordPress plug-in and would still need to have images managed by WordPress.

I'm afraid you'll need to keep searching WordPress plug-ins.

There are Lightroom plug-ins that can sync your metadata to WordPress galleries. Here's just one:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wplr-sync/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-13 01:16:08

paulo_tebet

Re: CE4 Full Screen Lightbox & WordPress

Thanks for the suggestions Rod.

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

Board footer