Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-09 03:03:38

paulo_tebet

Comparative Highslide - Selecting the images using the keyboard

I see the benefit of using the Comparative Highslide gallery so customer can compare multiple images and decide which one(s) they like best.

The issue I am facing is that if used without this feature in mind, when we click next, the "next button > " show up in different places. So it not very easy for the user to just keep going forward viewing one image at a time, because he would have to "chase" the next icon from image to image.

This could be easily solved just using the right arrow on the keyboard, but then came the real question:

Ho can I select a displayed image using only the keyboard?

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

#2 2015-10-09 03:34:48

rod barbee
Website

Re: Comparative Highslide - Selecting the images using the keyboard

Ho can I select a displayed image using only the keyboard?

I don't think you can. I believe it relies on the browser "listening" for a hover event over a select check box.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-09 03:40:08

paulo_tebet

Re: Comparative Highslide - Selecting the images using the keyboard

Thanks Rod,

I will stick with the highslide then. I would like to suggest for future consideration to somehow make the Comparative Highslide to be able to behave as the regular Highslide. This way with the same gallery customer could use it as the Regular Highslide and if really in doubt and wanting to compare a couple of images, then he or she would be able to enable the comparison feature on the fly.

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

Board footer