Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-07 10:09:15

mrbill

Panoramas: How do I increase width beyond 2880 px of rendered image?

I have a number of photo galleries that include panorama shots mixed with regular photos (3:2 aspect ratio).  Some of the panoramas are up to about 10:1 aspect ratio, and with the maximum width of 2880 px that leaves the photo height displeasingly short.

Is there a way to increase the rendered image width >2880 px so that a 10:1 image can fill the height of most HD displays, say 1200 px, suggesting a width of around 12000 px.

I like that the Touch mode allows for grabbing and scrolling an image, and the mouse wheel allows for zooming. But, this capability is constrained by the 2880 px width limit.

Thanks.

#2 2015-10-07 11:05:14

rod barbee
Website

Re: Panoramas: How do I increase width beyond 2880 px of rendered image?

Ben will have to confirm, but I think that if you're using Publisher, you can edit the exported Gallery template's setup.xml file and under <renditions>, set the maxWidth and maxHeight to whatever you need.

I think he's addressed that here in the forum before so you might find more information by searching.

If you're exporting and uploading Galleries from the web module, then I believe you're constrained by the limits imposed in the plug-in.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-08 01:41:30

mrbill

Re: Panoramas: How do I increase width beyond 2880 px of rendered image?

I found a workaround that keeps my workflow within Gallery for all photos, including panoramas and mosaics.

1) Generate the gallery in the usual way, setting rendered image resolution to something moderate, say 1600x1200 px (W x H) for the images.

2) After the gallery has been generated, re-export from Lightroom at higher resolution those photos that benefit from being available at higher resolution, such as mosaics and panoramas.

There is no need to edit the setup.xml file, and only selected photos need to be exported at higher resolution.  The two step export process is a slight hassle, especially if/when I need to regenerate the album.  But, this seems to work reliably enough, and it doesn't break anything.

Board footer