Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-08 19:43:54

Jo
Website

Automatic renaming of images during export in Publisher

Hi TTG experts,

I would appreciate your advice for solving a problem by exporting albums in TTG Publisher.

It´s necessary to rename the files of all images in my galleries during the export. In TTG Publisher it seems to be possible, to do this automatically. I have tried all the possibilities offered there. Every time the same result: Publisher creates always only the same name for every image. So one overwrites the other. As a result I can see only the last exported image in my website portfolio, duplicated according to the number of images. (An export of images with original filenames works well.)

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance for your help!   :-)

Kind regards
Jo

#2 2015-09-08 20:06:09

Ben

Re: Automatic renaming of images during export in Publisher

Hi Jo, file renaming will not work in Publisher if using sequence numbers.  Unfortunately, this is due to a limitation with the way that Lightroom handles multiple renditions, so not something we are able to fix.

#3 2015-09-16 06:57:38

derk

Hi Ben !

That's a pitty.
I just tried the same: Export/publish a gallery with publisher and renaming the image files with 'somename+sequence'; - and realized the 'sequence renaming' really doesnt work.

What i was trying to achieve:

In short: A publisher controlled website background image (animation).
--
I have a website background image (slideshow) animation - powered by some css in the 'phplugins/css/custom.css' . The script needs (obviously) a folder of images. The image names are 'hard coded' in the css script. - But if (in css) i hardcode the image names as a sequence (img-1.jpg, img-2.jpg ...), i could use the images in the 'photos' folder of a (hidden) publisher controlled gallery; -- but only if i can rename them as a sequence (which is hardcoded in css).

I there some tweak for this?

Best, Derk.

#4 2015-09-16 15:08:47

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Name your files in the Library, prior to export.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2015-09-16 17:35:31

derk

yes, this works of course. But involves making hard copies if you want to keep the original names. You have to also rename these back if exchange them with new renamed ones. Works, but not for lazy people..
Maybe i can 'set up' a phplugin script that automatically change the (published) image file names into a sequence (sequentially named) ?? Order of resulting sequence should/could be irrelevant.

Board footer