Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-13 18:11:45

v.shamraeva
Banned

TTG-BE / 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.6.3

Matthew wrote:
v.shamraeva wrote:

What is  "websiten/ttg-be"?

Sorry, I got confused. The "websiten" folder is from the original thread; it would help if you'd open a new thread for your issue, rather than hijacking another user's thread from June.

The downloaded TTG BE zip file should be unzipped, and the resulting /ttg-be folder should be uploaded such that it can be reached at:

http://equus-language.com/ttg-be

When I try to access that address, I get an error:

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.6.3

... which says to me that you are not in compliance with our stated hosting requirements, which clearly state Apache server as being required; you're running on Nginx.

Previous, you said:

as a frontend Nginx
as a backend - Apache

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. If your host is saying that they do support Apache, then you will need to ask them about the 502 error.

Hello Matthew,
Look at this info please
https://TEMPUS.timeweb.ru/phpinfo.php

Can it clear smth?

Kind regards,
Victoria Shamraeva

#2 2015-08-13 18:50:52

Ben

Re: TTG-BE / 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.6.3

Hi Victoria, I replied to your message several hours ago.  All I really asked for was for FTP access.  Please provide that via message, so that I can take a look at what's happening on your server.

#3 2015-08-13 19:38:08

MoritzCH
Website

Hi,

just a wild guess, did you changed the folder permissions after uploading? My ttg-be folder has the permission level 0755 (read-write-execute (Owner), read-execute (Group), read-execute (Other)).
In case you know how to check this with your FTP program you could try this until Ben figured out why it is not working.

@Matthew
Running Nginx and Apache does make sense if you want to use the speed of Nginx (serving static content like images, js, css) WITHOUT changing your website (Nginx can't deal with .htaccess as example). Nginx is only responsible for the static stuff, everything else will be handled by Apache. Nginx is working as a reverse proxy for the Apache.

Regards
Moritz

#4 2015-08-20 16:37:06

v.shamraeva
Banned

MoritzCH wrote:

Hi,

just a wild guess, did you changed the folder permissions after uploading? My ttg-be folder has the permission level 0755 (read-write-execute (Owner), read-execute (Group), read-execute (Other)).
In case you know how to check this with your FTP program you could try this until Ben figured out why it is not working.

@Matthew
Running Nginx and Apache does make sense if you want to use the speed of Nginx (serving static content like images, js, css) WITHOUT changing your website (Nginx can't deal with .htaccess as example). Nginx is only responsible for the static stuff, everything else will be handled by Apache. Nginx is working as a reverse proxy for the Apache.

Regards
Moritz

Hi Moritz,

yes, I have changed the permissions on 777 and I have tried another 100 things, spent days and nights, got unfortunately no support and had to find another solution.
Now my galerie is running and I can support my customers.

But thanks for you advices.
Kind regards,
Victoria Shamraeva

#5 2015-08-20 16:38:19

v.shamraeva
Banned

Ben wrote:

Hi Victoria, I replied to your message several hours ago.  All I really asked for was for FTP access.  Please provide that via message, so that I can take a look at what's happening on your server.

Hello Ben,
I have not got your messages unfortunately. The problem is solved for me. I am using another solution.

Thanks
Victoria

Board footer