Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-19 18:25:19

Stevie_L

Sorry if this a basic question - updating Text

Hello all!

First let me say how much I like the product now that I am beginning to understand it better - it's very flexible and comprehensively specified.  I also love the modular concept, not only easier for maintenance, but it also makes it less over-whelming to get started.

I have a (probably basic) question.  I want to update the text in the 'page content' sections of the various pages (e.g. the Home Page, the Contact Page), as found in the Color Palette section of the CE4 Pages web gallery.  My question is:"what is the most efficient way for me to edit and publish changes in the text on those pages?"

I am happy with the rest of the settings, have galleries set up and know how to publish text changes to those galleries and how to work with gallery templates - it's not about that that I am asking.

If there's not a 'direct' publishing route (as with gallery publishing) and I have to edit directly and re-export the CE4 pages template, I'd like to know which files will carry the new information, so that I can then upload on to the server, so as not to disturb other elements of the site (e.g. galleries and templates) that I am happy with.

I hope someone can help, and apologies again if this is very obvious to experienced users - I'm new to web-publishing!

Last edited by Stevie_L (2015-07-19 18:26:15)

#2 2015-07-19 22:02:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: Sorry if this a basic question - updating Text

The most efficient way to update text in Pages is to:

In Lightroom, change the text in the Pages plug-in.
Export Pages.
Upload the files in the fragments/ folder to the corresponding fragments/ folder on the server.

Even if you upload the entire Pages export, you won't disturb existing albums or templates.

But the fragments files certainly take a lot less time to upload smile

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-20 02:38:11

Stevie_L

Thank you very much Rod: that's just what I wanted to know!  Extremely helpful of you.  Best wishes, Steve

#4 2015-07-20 02:49:40

rod barbee
Website

you're welcome smile

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer