Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-15 20:21:07

nordi

Slideshow in Sidebar

The slideshow, still image, etc. is always shown in a separate galery / Media Area. I would like to have the slide show in the side bar. ( I have portrait fotos.)

As it is not possible to control that via Lightroom, I think it is necessary to write php-code via phplugins. Until now I have made only custom.css . I have read http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … bility_api . On a mobile there should be no slideshow or it should be below the page / text .

Have somebody tried this? How can I start? Can you help me?

Bye,
nordi

#2 2015-07-15 22:34:09

rod barbee
Website

Re: Slideshow in Sidebar

I've not seen anybody do this.

How much do you know about jQuery and the DOM?

If you look at the source code for a TTG page you'll see that the block and the grid are separate areas. They each have their own styling for things like width. (you can look at this by right-clicking on a page and choosing "View page source" ,or wording to that effect)

The sidebar is part of the block div. In the block you'll see a div with the ID of "primary-content" and, if you have sidebar content, another div with the ID of "secondary-content".

The widths of these areas is controlled in Color Palette.

The width of the Grid area is controlled in Appearance.

So the goal is to move what's in the Grid either into the "secondary-content" or to float the Grid div next to the Block div.

Moving the grid into secondary-content seems very difficult and not very practical.

So one idea is to use jQuery to add custom classes to both the-block and the-grid divs and write some custom css for these classes that will float the block to the left, allowing the grid to sit to the right. You might need to set widths using percentages and you'll need to write in media queries to control the styling on tablets and phones.

perhaps Daniel or someone else with more experience will have some other ideas. Either way, I think you'll need to learn some jQuery and css if you don't already have some of that knowledge.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer