Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-10 01:34:35

AnteroPhotography

How to connect the Home page Gallery (slideshow) to Publish Services?

I have a website about 75% together, but am struggling with some of the final items. Any help is greatly appreciated - web work is not my forte, but this site project is a critical thing to our business.

The first issue is that I don't see how to connect the Home page Gallery to Publisher/LR Publish Services. I have the July 1 build of CE4 Pages, Gallery, Autoindex, Autoindex Enabler, and Viewport Sizer installed in Lightroom CC 64-bit, and have the same build of Publisher installed in the root of my web site (which is up, at www.anterophotography.com). I have a slideshow on the Home page running the images that I had selected when I built and exported the Pages instance that I uploaded to the site. In the Library 'Publish Services' area, I have Publisher set up, and I have a couple of sample 'albums' up on the Galleries page (which is renamed Photography). Those albums work correctly - I can update them on the website from Lightroom. So far, so good.

What I don't see is how I now connect the Home page slideshow to the Publish Services dialog so that I can update or add to those images. I know it's controlled in the Appearances panel of Pages in the web module, where it's called "the Gallery." I have it set to Galleria Slideshow, with 'Allow Page Replacement by CE4 Publisher' set to Yes. I've tried making an album called "Gallery," which just made another album on the Galleries page. I've read the Wiki sections over and I don't see the trick. Anyone know this one?

Thanks,

Christopher

#2 2015-07-10 03:34:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to connect the Home page Gallery (slideshow) to Publish Services?

The first issue is that I don't see how to connect the Home page Gallery to Publisher/LR Publish Services.

That's in the Publisher documentation: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-10 05:35:17

AnteroPhotography

Thanks for the quick response, Rod: I'm still up a tree though.

I followed those instructions, to the letter - checked and rechecked - but when I publish that new album, titled "slideshow", with slug set as pages-gallery and hidden from Autoindex, it replaces the slideshow on the Home page with an Iconic gallery, using the setup from the Autoindex (which is on the "Photography" (aka Galleries) page). The images are the correct ones, i.e. the images I put in the new album.

I attached a couple of screenshots to show the problem more clearly. Note that, in Appearances/theGallery, the display is still set to Galleria Slideshow.

What am I missing?

Autoshot

Galleryshot

#4 2015-07-10 05:42:32

rod barbee
Website

Your home page gallery is actually being made with CE4 Gallery and it's working as expected. The template you're using for your home page gallery is made with CE4 Gallery

If you want a Galleria slideshow, you need to use CE4 Stage configured for Galleria to create the pages-gallery template

The Galleria settings in Pages are for if your are not replacing the home page galleria via Publisher.

That's what Matt has done here: http://theturninggate.net/2014/07/the-p … home-page/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-07-10 06:11:14

AnteroPhotography

Aha! Well, it's reassuring to know it's not just my reading skills gone bad. I kept going over that thinking I was missing a little tick-box somewhere . . . so, if I get this, you're saying that the galleria slideshow is available in the CE4 Pages options for "the Gallery," but not in the Gallery plugin, and by choosing to replace the Home page using Publisher, I'm using a template that I created with the Gallery plugin, so I can no longer access the slideshow choice . . . and there's a different plugin called "Stages" that does provide the galleria slideshow option. Whew.

Ok, next questions.

1. I have the CE4 Web Publishing Bundle, and looking at the downloads I don't see a plugin called "Stages." Is that something I need to buy in addition to the bundle?

2. If I do add the "Stages" plugin, does it replace the "Gallery" plugin? Should I have them both installed, or should I deinstall Gallery to add Stages?

Thanks,

Chris

#6 2015-07-10 06:16:14

rod barbee
Website

you're saying that the galleria slideshow is available in the CE4 Pages options for "the Gallery," but not in the Gallery plugin

Correct.

and by choosing to replace the Home page using Publisher, I'm using a template that I created with the Gallery plugin, so I can no longer access the slideshow choice

Correct.

and there's a different plugin called "Stages" that does provide the galleria slideshow option.

CE4 Stage: http://shop.theturninggate.net/collecti … ucts/stage

1. I have the CE4 Web Publishing Bundle, and looking at the downloads I don't see a plugin called "Stages." Is that something I need to buy in addition to the bundle?

Yes

2. If I do add the "Stages" plugin, does it replace the "Gallery" plugin? Should I have them both installed, or should I deinstall Gallery to add Stages?

No it doesn't replace CE4 Gallery and you can have both installed; I use both throughout my site.
You can use Stage for all sorts of things. See the Stage demo page for more: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4-stage/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer