Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-08 16:03:12

mmanfrediwork

Making Gallery/website changes

I am now up and running after installing the Publisher bundle and posting galleries via LR publish services.  But now I have a few questions:
1) How do you delete photos from published galleries/albums?
2) How do you delete entire galleries/albums?
3) How do you replace an existing photo with an updated version?
4) If I make a change to a template, say the galleries template to change the appearance in some fashion, do I simply export and FTP the revised template to my server (same location as the older version)?  Will the new version simply overwrite the old? or is there more to it than that?
Thanks
Mark
http://www.markandmichellegallery.com/index.php

#2 2015-07-08 18:46:01

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Making Gallery/website changes

Remove the images from the album in Publish Services, and click "Publish".

Right-click albums in Publish Services and delete them from the resultant context menu.

Modified photos, or photos with modified metadata, will be automatically queued for re-publishing. Click "Publish".

Yep, that's it.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-07-09 07:21:56

mmanfrediwork

Thanks, most helpful...and easy...

WRT 4.  If I make a changes to pages template, do I also need to make the corresponding change to Gallery and Auto Index templates?  Thanks again

Mark

#4 2015-07-09 07:42:41

rod barbee
Website

It depends. If you're using the Share Resources with CE4 Pages feature then maybe not. It all depends on what you're changing. Things like fonts and styling for sections such as header, navigation, and footer will be picked up from your Pages settings.
But changes you might make in Color Palette or Appearance for Block and Grid styling may not be picked up by using Shared Resources.

If you're not using the Shared Resources feature, then yes, you should probably make the same styling changes in Gallery and Autoindex as you do in Pages.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-07-09 09:08:44

mmanfrediwork

That's interesting.  I was not aware of that capability/functionality.  So even if using Shared Resources, things changed in Color Palette or Appearance for Block and Grid styling may not be picked up?  Probably safe to say if you want your website to appear consistent through out, it would be a good practice to make the same changes in all 3 templates and upload, at least until you get more familiar with the way things work.  Using the shortcut of sharing (hacking) templates would be useful here.  Thanks

Mark

#6 2015-07-09 09:20:44

rod barbee
Website

So even if using Shared Resources, things changed in Color Palette or Appearance for Block and Grid styling may not be picked up?

Right, because much of that (especially in the Grid) is unique to whatever plug-in you're using (Gallery, Autoindex, Stage...)

Probably safe to say if you want your website to appear consistent through out, it would be a good practice to make the same changes in all 3 templates and upload, at least until you get more familiar with the way things work.  Using the shortcut of sharing (hacking) templates would be useful here.

yep

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer