Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-27 00:59:07

carsten

Publisher seems to publish wrong images + no download files published

Hi,
i just updated everything to actual versions following the readme files in the update zip´s.
So i use autoindex, publisher, ttg-be, cart , gallery in the actual versions.
I also updated the lightroom plugin under CC2015.
When i publish a album with several shots publisher publishes several images double, tripple and so on others are not published as their place is occupied by the doubled ones. As well several image thumbs are totally distorted. I just wanted to add some screenshots but did not figure out how to add them to this post.
You can see the effect on the livesite here:

http://select.ipixyou.com/ce4autoindex/ … /index.php

user: gast
pass: gast

as there is a problem with the download files as the download image links do not show up after stting the status to paied in the cart admin. When i look via ftp into the autoindex / published gallery name folder there is no subfolder for bought images without watermark.

So i need help to get the thing back running.
thanks in advance
carsten

#2 2015-06-28 19:36:31

carsten

Re: Publisher seems to publish wrong images + no download files published

Ho help available on that topic ?
Please help :-)
Thanks
Carsten

#3 2015-06-28 20:05:53

rod barbee
Website

when you Publish, are you by chance renaming the files using "sequence"? If so, this is what's probably causing the problem.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-06-28 20:30:56

carsten

Hi Rod,
thanks for your answer. Indeed this fixed the first problem with the images themselves. But i still have the problem that the downloads do not appear as downloadable after i set the files as payed in the cart. Any suggestion to that issue as well would be a great help!
thanks in advance
carsten

#5 2015-06-28 20:38:51

Ben

Hi Carsten,

What happens after you set the order to paid?  I see that your template is already set to create photos-for-purchase.  Has this always been the case, or did you add digital purchases to the template after publishing the album?  If it's the latter, then you'll need to republish the photos, making sure that the Publisher setting 'Push metadata without updating images' is *not* checked.

Also, these files needed to be published before the sale was completed.

If you're sure that the photos existed under photos-for-purchase before the order was placed, then it may be an issue with the cart being able to find the path to the images.  If that's the case I'll advise further.

Another way of making the download available is to upload the photos after purchase via the Cart admin interface:

1. View your orders
2. Click 'Manage' for the specific order
3. For each image, click 'Edit' and upload an image.

Does that help?

#6 2015-06-28 23:24:10

carsten

Hi ben,
thanks for your reply! this template was always configured for digital downloads so the album should be enabled for the cart process. I additionaly republished everything. Indeed there is a folder photos for download and another photos for purchase. In both the images are available.
So the question is where the link is missing? I know that i can add images manualy but this is a slow process for larger orders and i need the automatic that is included in the cart/gallery process.
So is there any way to get an idea where the path is set to a wrong direction. or can it also be another error that is caused by my configuration ?
thanks in advance
carsten

#7 2015-06-29 07:07:15

Ben

Hi Carsten, I'd say then that the cart is getting confused in working out the on-disk path to the photos-for-download.  The cart needs to be able to work this out in order to copy the files internally after closing orders.  I have added a setting to the upcoming cart 2.3.0, which sets an explicit path.  I expect this to be released in the coming days, and will advise you on how to come up with the value.  I may need to work with you to figure this value out.

#8 2015-06-29 15:40:23

carsten

Hi Ben,
ok so shall i install the actual beta? It is my production site as i deleted already the version 3 of my installation. So i´m not sure if it is stable enough to copy it over to my site?
Would it help if i give you a ftp or admin acess to my ttg-be?
Thanks for your support !
Have a sunny day
Carsten

#9 2015-06-29 19:21:17

Ben

Hi Carsten, the beta is stable, however I don't recommend installing it just yet.  We will be having a second beta either today or tomorrow, which will probably be the final release.
It would be very helpful to have a look via FTP, and also to have TTG BE access.  Can you send me details using the Email link under my picture?

#10 2015-06-30 19:45:23

carsten

Hy Ben,
thanks again for your help first!
Ok i checked nearly everything i think but can not get it to run properly. So i will send you ftp and login data to your email account and please you to look if i did something wrong or if it is a bug.
Have a good day !
carsten

Board footer