Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-16 23:07:20

fwillette

How to refresh images in Stage

Hi everybody

There is a long time i didn't come here. Hope everybody is fine.
The site I set up has run well, and is still running well, but i'm now busy updating his content.
For the common galleries, no problem, I just changed the pictures in LR and published.
Same thing for creating new standard albums or album sets.

My problem is with Stage. There is a Stage page in the site :   http://martine-cheval.be/stage-derniers-dessins/
with a galleria sildeshow. I don't remember very well how did I realise this.
I want to change the pictures, thus I recalled the Stage page in the Web module of LR, changed the pictures and exported Stage.
Then, with Filezillza, did I replace the stage directory in the site, but in the navigator the page remains white.

Is it something I don't remember that I have to do.

Cordially

Fredy

#2 2015-05-17 00:02:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to refresh images in Stage

Galleria can be sensitive to text in the description. For example, hard returns and quotes can mess things up.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … a#captions

I'm not sure about periods though. One of your descriptions contains a period: "109.5 X 75 cm 10-02-2015"
Try escaping that period like this: "109\.5 X 75 cm 10-02-2015" and see what happens.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-17 00:46:26

fwillette

Hi Rod

Glad to see you are still very reactive. Thanks for the answer, unfortunately the problem is not solved.
I first tried escaping the period, not successful, then I reexported Stage with only one picture witout any text or caption,
not more effect.
The way I use to refresh these page is it wright?

In LR it works fine.

I see I created a Publisher instance for these application, but I don't see any album in it, thus not sure it has been ever used.

Best regards

Fredy

Last edited by fwillette (2015-05-17 00:47:39)

#4 2015-05-17 01:10:57

rod barbee
Website

the problem seems to be that the page isn't reading the galleria script.

Your Stage page is also using shared resources with TTG CE4, which is where it's trying to get the script from. There's probably a mismatch between the version of the script that your version of Stage needs and the version of the script that's in Pages. In other words, Stage is asking for something that isn't there.

Also, both of your versions of Stage and Pages are quite out of date. So the first thing to try is updating both to the current version, re-exporting, and re-uploading.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-05-17 01:45:10

fwillette

Hi Rod

Thanks

I know that my versions are not up to date for I didn't work with TTG for a lot.

I'm a bit affraid changing a version for an existing site.
Do i have to change version for Pages and Stage an then refresh the site, or must I refresh all modules and also
Gallery, AutoIndex (not sure it is used) and then do I have to refresh the wole site?

#6 2015-05-17 02:07:39

rod barbee
Website

It depends. I'd definitely update all your plug-ins. But whether or not you need to export and update things on your site depends on if the changes made in the updated plug-ins affect your site.
Since you're using Shared Resources you should always update your site to the latest version of Pages just to prevent what happened with your Stage page.

Updating things on your site shouldn't worry you. Just export and upload, overwriting what's already there. I do it all the time without problem.

If you're using Publisher, making changes to your existing albums is easy. You just need to export and upload any gallery or autoindex templates you're using and the changes will take place in your albums and album sets instantly.

If you're not using Publisher, then you'd need to export and upload each of your galleries and autoindexes. That is if you need the benefits of the updates. You can take a look at the change logs for each plug-in to see what's been changed and if those changes affect you.
You can find the change logs on the main documents page: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-05-24 23:20:49

fwillette

Hi Rod

It's done, and well done I think.

All plugins are now updated, a little brainstorm to remember a few details, but finally everything seems to be O.K.

Thanks for the help.

Cordialy

Fredy

#8 2015-05-24 23:21:36

rod barbee
Website

smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-07-21 05:25:19

dph.lens

Rod, it's exactly for cases like this--updating after a lengthy time, where your hand-holding helps paves the way and lessens the angst of updating after a long time of letting the site run without mental attention--that I thank you for your help to this community.

#10 2015-07-21 05:54:40

rod barbee
Website

thanks!

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer