Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-12 02:33:32

dougc

Two Lightroom 6 issues

I installed Lightroom 6.  I imported my Lightroom 5 catalog.  I have about 100,000 photos in this catalog and the import took about three days continuous crunching on my PC.

First question:  Is that normal for the transition from LR5 to LR6 (I know this is not a TTG question, but thought someone here might have some insight into this)?

Second question/issue:  While all of my photos and collections seem to have transferred correctly, none of my Publish Service galleries transferred.  All of my plugins are there and ready to "set up", but there are no galleries.  This is the case for my Adobe Revel galleries and for my TTG CE3 and CE4 galleries.

I hope this is something simple I have overlooked and is easily corrected.  Can anyone tell me what I can do to get all of these galleries to correctly show up in LR6?

Thanks,
Doug

#2 2015-05-12 02:58:13

rod barbee
Website

Re: Two Lightroom 6 issues

I can only say that my Publisher settings along with all album sets and albums made it over from LR 5 to LR 6/CC

You could try reinstalling the Publisher plug-in from the Plug-in Manager.

(Is Adobe Revel another Lightroom Publish service?)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-12 03:17:54

dougc

Rod,

Thanks for the prompt response.  Hmmm..., I don't know what I did (or failed to do) such that my album sets and albums didn't transfer.  Maybe someone else on this forum has had this problem and solved it.  I have also posted the question on the Adobe Community site.  I will keep digging.

And, yes, Adobe Revel is a Publish service that comes with Lightroom.  I would think that you have it listed in your Publish services section, although probably not set up.

Doug

#4 2015-05-12 03:31:29

Daniel Leu
Website

Doug, my 100k+ images took a few minutes and all my publishing services were preserved. But you mention that you imported the Lr5 catalog. What you want to do is just opening the Lr5 catalog in Lr6 and then it will do the conversion. Good luck!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2015-05-12 08:20:19

dougc

Daniel,

Once again, you have saved my bacon.  By properly "upgrading", all worked well and I have everything as it should be.

Thanks!
Doug

#6 2015-05-12 15:03:25

Daniel Leu
Website

Perfect! Have fun with Lr6!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer