Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-28 02:41:58

specky

CE4 Gallery in browser?

Hi, I'm new to TTG so please bear with me. Stumbled across it recently and it looks very useful (I guess you all knew that!).
I don't need a website right now, so I've been playing with TTG 2014 HTML. Quite nice, and free, but I'd like more customisation flexibility. Could I use CE4 Gallery to export images for viewing in a browser (like TTG 2014 HTML) rather than from a server?
Many thanks.

#2 2015-04-28 02:58:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Gallery in browser?

It depends on what options you choose. Several of the options, like phplugins, e-commerce, social media sharing, etc. will trigger php output.

most, if not all, of the options that will trigger php output are denoted with exclamation points ! throughout the plugin.
I thought that enabling hi-res downloads will trigger php output, but it's not noted in the plug-in.

and if you wanted to view php pages locally, you could use a virtual server like WAMP for Windows or MAMP for mac.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-28 03:15:06

specky

Thanks Rod

Think I'll give it a try; if I get stuck, I might go the WAMP route too. Although I sense some 'scope creep' here.

Kind regards.

#4 2015-04-28 04:02:36

rod barbee
Website

I use WAMP all the time to quickly check things. Not a problem at all.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-04-28 10:25:21

Matthew
Administrator
Website

It shouldn't be a problem. If you find the plugin exporting PHP documents rather than HTML, then we'll just need to disable the features causing that to happen. CE4 Gallery is fully capable of exporting galleries for local viewing from the desktop. Most of the PHP-based features are pretty obvious in requiring an online ecosystem; like social media, for example. If you're offline, then you don't need social media.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer