Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-02 05:14:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Creating hires files from within Publisher

It depends. Are you using the Share Resources with CE4 Pages option?
If so, the hyperlink color is coming from Pages.
If not, it's coming from the Autoindex you're using for the album set template

Did you make the change in Site Info > Typography?

You can turn on Breadcrumbs preview in Output Settings to make sure the color changes

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#27 2015-05-02 08:08:49

rod barbee
Website

was just able to take a look from my PC. Yep, you're using Shared Resources. So make sure you change the hyperlink color in your Pages setup. Then export again. You can get away with uploading the /lib/css/style-common.css file only, if you don't want to upload all of Pages.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#28 2015-05-02 18:38:03

ShawWellPete

Thanks Rod, that is spot on I was missing that directory when uploading, works fine now.

I have another small problem with the ordering of photos, some galleries I want ordered chronologically and some reverse chronologically with my latest photos first. I have played around with the gallery settings, either having the order managed by Lightroom or by sorting by date taken.

I have then marked the collection for republishing and  published without uploading the photos (push metadata without updating existing photos on). But the order does not seem to change correctly.

Any ideas?

#29 2015-05-02 18:53:27

Ben

Hi, can you share a link to the gallery?

#30 2015-05-02 19:05:27

ShawWellPete

Hi Ben,

This one is the one I am having trouble with, it is a smart album. It is set to "order by capture time descending"

http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries/favourites/

Bizarrely this one seems to work fine

http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries/sabc/

#31 2015-05-02 19:18:07

ShawWellPete

It looks like there is  a general problem with that gallery, if I click on a photo the slideshow does not come up. It uses the same template as the others.Any ideas?

#32 2015-05-02 19:29:48

Ben

Thanks for the links.  Looking at the data behind the album, I can see that the first 29 images have capture time while the remaining 170 or so don't.  As such the first 29 should be displayed in reverse date order among those 29 images.  Does that look to be the case?

Do you think it's possible that your catalogue doesn't include capture times for the remaining images?  Are they from a different source that may not have included this information?

It may be worth re-publishing the metadata.  To do so, mark all of the photos for republishing and then republish (making sure that
push metadata without updating existing photos remains on).

For what it's worth, the capture time is derived from one of these three exif sources, using the first one found:
dateTimeOriginal, dateTimeDigitized and dateTime
I don't have any documentation on hand that tells me exactly what fields they correspond to.  The one takeaway is that multiple options are looked at in order to find or derive a reasonable creation date.

#33 2015-05-03 01:37:29

ShawWellPete

I have tried deleting the album and starting again, as the photos were not opening properly just displaying the photo in the browser. The new album is still not going in the right order, I am still having problem with the internal error, could that be causing the problem?

#34 2015-05-12 18:08:07

ShawWellPete

Hi guys, this problem seems to have fixed itself and everything is working as it should. I have had some problems with permissioning on my mac so maybe this caused it, but now all is working well. Thank you very much for your help.

Board footer