Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-27 21:21:39

ShawWellPete

Creating hires files from within Publisher

I am having a play at updating my site www.peterblandford.com to CE4 and am using pages, galleries, and publisher for the first time. I think I am getting the hang of it and Publisher seems to be much easier once set up than using FTP. I often create password protected galleries with hi res downloads, is there a way of creating the hi res links directly from publisher?

#2 2015-04-27 21:28:39

rod barbee
Website

Re: Creating hires files from within Publisher

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-28 19:59:58

ShawWellPete

Thanks Rod, I think I ma getting somewhere. I have started again, trying to read the documentation m,ore carefully this time. I have upgraded my CE3 galleries to CE4 which is fantastic as I thought I would have to start again.

1. I have a couple of problems, in the old galleries the slideshows no longer work?

2. In publisher I have tried creating a test Album set called 2015 Albums and an album called Danny-50th-birthday, I can access this directly (http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries … -birthday/) but if I go into the  galleries and click on the 2015 link, I get an error.

Any ideas?

#4 2015-04-28 21:45:45

rod barbee
Website

it looks as if you're missing a template for the album set

have you uploaded an exported CE4 autoindex to /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ ?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-04-28 22:53:45

ShawWellPete

Thanks Rod,

never having used autoindex before I missed that step. I think I have got my head around it, the templates tab contains a gallery tab with templates for albums created by the Publisher and an autoindex tab where I create a template for album sets?

re: 1 in my previous post, Any idea how to fix the slideshows in my old galleries? could it be because they were generated and had the "get shared resources from TTG CE3 Pages" ticked and now Pages is CE4?

Last edited by ShawWellPete (2015-04-28 22:54:22)

#6 2015-04-28 23:11:26

rod barbee
Website

I think I have got my head around it, the templates tab contains a gallery tab with templates for albums created by the Publisher and an autoindex tab where I create a template for album sets?

I'm not sure what you mean by "tabs".
At any rate, when you create a new Album Set, choose the template you created from the templates drop down in the Create/Edit Album Set dialog. Only those templates you've uploaded to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder will appear in the drop-down
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

re: 1 in my previous post, Any idea how to fix the slideshows in my old galleries? could it be because they were generated and had the "get shared resources from TTG CE3 Pages" ticked and now Pages is CE4?

a distinct possibility wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-04-28 23:14:56

ShawWellPete

smile  tabs - directory

Can I upgrade the old galleries to CE4 without uploading all the photos again?

#8 2015-04-29 01:43:21

rod barbee
Website

Yes.
As long as your old CE3 albums are now under CE4 Publisher control (did you perform the migration before adding any CE4 albums?)
Just create and upload a new CE4 Gallery template that uses large images and thumbnails that are the same size as those in your CE3 gallery templates.
Then in Publisher, edit each album and switch them to the new template.

If the image sizes are different, you'll need to republish the images.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-04-29 05:38:27

ShawWellPete

I am new to publisher too, so looking here http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ce3_to_ce4 it looks like it may be possible if I "ensure the option “Push metadata without updating existing photos” is ON."

I'll give that a go!

#10 2015-04-29 06:17:10

rod barbee
Website

If you're new to Publisher then you previously had uploaded CE3 galleries?
Were you using CE3 Publisher?

If you weren't using CE3 Publisher but instead had uploaded CE3 Galleries, then if you want to update those galleries to CE4 albums via Publisher, you'll just have to recreate them and delete the old galleries. There's no converting exported/uploaded CE3 galleries to CE4 galleries or albums.

The "Push Metadata" option is there so that you can update metadata for existing photos in a CE4 album without the need of republishing the whole picture.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-04-29 06:22:38

ShawWellPete

Ah OK thanks Rod. Yes, with CE3 I just created a Page and galleries and uploaded them with FTP. But now I have played with it I can see the benefit of publisher, just takes some getting used to!

#12 2015-04-29 06:28:27

rod barbee
Website

Publisher is great.
Once you get your templates to your liking you can then just start creating new albums to replace the old galleries. It'll take a bit of time since all the images will have to be uploaded again, but it goes pretty quickly (depending on the number of galleries you have, I suppose)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-04-29 18:41:12

ShawWellPete

OK, I'm having some more problems, I hope it's OK to keep to this thread. I have  done the following

1. created a template for galleries and a template for autoindex.
2. I created an album set called 2015 photos and another one called old albums and the used FTP to transfer all my old albums to "old albums"
3. I did a test album in publisher with a couple of photos, published it and tested it and it was fine
4. I then created a new album with over 100 photos and set it uploading and near the end got the error

An internal error has occurred.

MetadataHandler.lua:2155: C stack overflow

I then deleted it and tried it again and got the error

Error uploading rendition.

Unable to complete the action.

Headers:  {     [error] =>  {         [errorCode] => "cannotFindHost"        [name] => "A server with the specified hostname could not be found."        [nativeCode] => -1003
    }
}

after acknowledging the error the publishing continued but there is clearly a problem with it

http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries … danny50th/

Any ideas?

Last edited by ShawWellPete (2015-04-29 18:41:41)

#14 2015-04-29 19:08:31

Ben

Try to republish one album at a time.

#15 2015-04-29 19:12:12

ShawWellPete

OK, should I publish the album set first? Should I republish or delete and start again?

#16 2015-04-29 21:45:20

rod barbee
Website

it appears that the template's style-component.css file is missing.
http://www.peterblandford.com/ttg-be/te … ponent.css

Try uploading the gallery template folder again, making sure that the css files are in the gallery's lib/css/ folder

(though the album does look very pretty on my iPad. All those pictures just piled up against each other....  smile  )

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-04-29 22:19:34

ShawWellPete

Thanks Rod, that is really confusing and slightly embarrassing, something must have failed during FTP upload. I uploaded the contents of templates/gallery/Template150428/lib/css  and it now seems to work.

#18 2015-04-29 22:48:10

ShawWellPete

Ok, I am getting there, just a couple more questions and I'll get off your back (until I start upgrading www.villabegur.com with all its PHPlugins!)

1.  I want to add some text to the top of the gallery http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries … danny50th/ so I edited the album in the publisher and typed it into the page copy (MD) in page content. I then pressed publish now. The text does not appear on the page, what have I done wrong?

2. The top of the gallery has some links back to the previous page which do not look good as blue on grey. Where is that font defined?

Thank you again for all your help.

#19 2015-04-29 22:50:47

rod barbee
Website

no reason to be embarrassed. That one is not a common problem (first time I've seen it happen)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2015-04-30 00:06:33

ShawWellPete

thanks Rod, did you see my couple of questions above?

#21 2015-04-30 01:11:49

rod barbee
Website

1.  I want to add some text to the top of the gallery http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries … danny50th/ so I edited the album in the publisher and typed it into the page copy (MD) in page content. I then pressed publish now. The text does not appear on the page, what have I done wrong?

It looks to me that you don't have the block enabled in the template. Look in Color Palette > Content/Description and make sure that Display on page is checked

2. The top of the gallery has some links back to the previous page which do not look good as blue on grey. Where is that font defined?

If you're referring to the breadcrumbs, those are hyperlink colors and can be changed in Site Info > Typography : Hyperlink Color and Hyperlink Color:hover

You can turn on Preview Breadcrumbs in Output Settings > Publisher Setup to see the color change.

And if you don't want breadcrumbs, you can turn them off in the album setup under the Features tab.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#22 2015-04-30 06:29:53

ShawWellPete

Thanks Rod, I wondered what bread crumbs were

Two more questions...

1. where do I have to set the color palette? I have done it in the pages, the gallery template and the autoindex template and the breadcrumbs links are still blue

2. I am still getting the error

An internal error has occurred. MetadataHandler.lua:2155: C stack overflow

when publishing an updated album from publisher. The changes, however, still seem to feed through?

#23 2015-04-30 06:38:47

rod barbee
Website

the breadcrumb links are hyperlinks. Change them in Site Info > Typography

2. I don't know. Looks like it could have something to do with a metadata token used in Output Settings > Publisher Setup.

Matt or Ben will have to address it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#24 2015-04-30 09:34:16

Ben

That error happens if you try to publish multiple albums simultaneously. Is that the case? If so, try publishing to one album at a time.

Unfortunately, the source of the error is not in our code, so not something we can readily solve.

#25 2015-05-02 03:55:35

ShawWellPete

Thanks for your help again guys. The internal error is a pain but, to be honest something that can be ignored as the publishing seems to happen even if the error comes up, maybe a LR update will fix it.

Going back to the breadcrumbs and the link

The site is defined using CE4 pages and uploaded with FTP, the galleries are uploaded using publisher with a template for the albums (galleries) using CE4 gallery and the album sets (Indices) are created using a template from CE4 AutoIndex.

Which one of these three is responsible for the HTML here? http://www.peterblandford.com/galleries/2015-photos/

I am convinced I have corrected all three of them but it's still blue rather than the white I want...

Board footer