Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-04 06:06:18

kristenwestlake
Website

how do I add a text field for clients in the cart?

Hi,

I am offering a special edition pricing each month for a project 365 that I am doing.

By doing this I've added pricing with discounts to the top of my page. Someone can buy 3 prints for the price of 2, etc. The problem is that I have no space for a buyer to tell me which images he / she wants.
Is there a way to add a blank text box for the buyer to write in which images he / she wants, right from the ordering page? I know the special request box exists in the checkout (if not going to paypal or credit card) but most of my sales are not done that way.

Any way to add a text box?

Thank you!
Kristen

#2 2015-03-10 02:56:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: how do I add a text field for clients in the cart?

I can't see a way of adding a text box unless Ben rewrites the code for the cart and form. (then again, I don't really know smile )

But I suppose you could email the customer a coupon code. The coupon dollar amount would then be set for the maximum amount of whatever free print they qualify for. They could then go choose another print and use the coupon.

Makes a little extra work for you, having to create and manage the coupon, but it may be the best way to accomplish what you need.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer