Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-27 05:37:48

jonnyrunn

Still Use Ftp?

So here is my quandary. I am using PUBLISHER to take advantage of the TTG BE managed Client Response Gallery. Our workflow at the office involves unique LR catalogs per client.  I know this isn't a usual workflow. I underestimated how often I would have a CRG site uploading on the FTP while I moved onto do color correction (etc) on another client's catalog. Using publisher brings me to a stand still while I wait and wait for the site to upload. Is there anyway to export out a publisher managed site for upload via an FTP client.

Thanks!

#2 2015-02-27 06:27:21

Ben

Re: Still Use Ftp?

There isn't.  Am I right that you are publishing from high res or raw files?  One workaround would be to only publish from smaller res files (which may require an export and re-import before creating your published collections).  If you're using smart previews, then disconnecting your computer from the source of the original files, such as external hard drive, will force the published renditions to be made from the smaller smart previews, which should be considerably faster.

#3 2015-02-27 06:31:26

jonnyrunn

Re: Still Use Ftp?

Thanks. I will try the smart previews thing. I would just have to build smart previews first and then disconnect from our server.

Board footer