Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-13 08:20:46

rsamco
Website

Unable to change album set slug

I attempted to change the slug of the  album set http://rick.samcos.com/galleries/j-2013 … nd-Africa/ from "4a-Europe-and-Africa" to "3-Europe-and-Africa" and experienced the publisher error: ttgError20150212.JPG
I looked at the autoindex.xml file and can't see anything funny in it. So I then compared the /galleries/ directory structure on the server with a Lr "Output Publisher Structure" dump (produced using the Lr plugin & analyzed with Ben's online tool) and they seem to totally agree. I even compared the "structure node IDs" shown in the publisher structure dump with the node IDs in directory's gallery.xml files -- again total agreement for all the ones in the neighborhood of 4a-Europe-and-Africa. So I don't know why I can't change that album set's slug.

After this error all the thumbnails and Photos of all the album sets/albums contained in the 4a-Europe-and-Africa album set are not able to be displayed. But everything seems to get fixed  if I "touch" the 4a-Europe-and-Africa album set with two trivial Lr "edit album set" (the first produces an error, the 2nd seems to succeed).

So why can't I change the slug? And I am concerned that something is broken in my publisher data structures. For example could something deeper in the 4a-Europe-and-Africa album set tree be screwed up?

My online Publisher Structure xml dump file is "galleries_20150212140633.xml" and here's a link (http://samcos.com/downloads/20150212_ttg.log) to the Lr ttg_log file showing a trace for the initial renaming error and the two subsequent "touches" that get things back to working. I will also private message you, Ben, with some FTP login credentials so you can fully inspect/fix what's out there if need be. TIA!

Last edited by rsamco (2015-02-13 08:21:55)

Rick

#2 2015-02-13 21:32:41

Ben

Re: Unable to change album set slug

Hi Rick,  thanks for the ftp access.  I can't see anything amiss between the file structure and the database. 
I've made a change to one of your files to provide the path to the directory that publisher is trying to save the autoindex.xml file to.  Can you try to update the album set and report any error message received?  You should be able to copy and paste the text from any error popup.

#3 2015-02-14 02:31:50

rsamco
Website

Thanks, Ben -- as suggested here's what I did and the results:

• cleared ttg.log file

• Lr-edited "3-Europe and Africa"

• made trivial change to album set's description

• committed the change ... no error experienced

• so next I tried changing slug from "4a-Europe-and-Africa" to "3-Europe-and-Africa" ... received this warning: ttgError20150213_1.JPG

• clicked OK and went to look at website's page ... directory name wasn't changed; that album set tree renders OK

• the ttg.log for all of the above is at http://samcos.com/downloads/ttg20150213_1.log

so -- still can't change the slug BUT at least the album set tree's rendering doesn't get broken.
back to you, Ben!

Last edited by rsamco (2015-02-14 02:32:03)

Rick

#4 2015-02-14 06:33:39

rsamco
Website

Ummm ... I appear  to have been wrong about the " album set tree renders OK" -- I don't know what sub-album  I tried but now all that I try aren't rendering (i.e., pages render without any thumbnail contents, and clicking on a thumbnail  results in spinning "hourglass".

So I tried editing the  "4a-Europe-and-Africa" album set again in Lr -- to see if that fixed like it did before ... it did. The first edit gave the same warning as in my previous post, the 2nd edit fixed things.

Last edited by rsamco (2015-02-14 06:34:07)

Rick

#5 2015-02-14 07:27:00

Ben

Hi Rick, this is quite the mystery.  The important thing is that your galleries aren't broken while trying to solve this.
That error message tells me that Publisher is unable to find a slug for the parent album set.  The double slash between galleries and 4a-Europe-and-Africa should have something, and probably read galleries/j-2013/4a-Europe-and-Africa.

When you say "Lr-edited "3-Europe and Africa", is this editing the same Album Set that is currently at 4a-Europe-and-Africa?  So does that mean you edited the album set without changing the slug, which worked, and then attempted to change the slug, which didn't work?

It would be helpful to work through this when we're both online.  Do you have a gmail account so that we can chat online?  Or some other similar service?

#6 2015-02-14 09:57:42

rsamco
Website

Ben,

The answer to the question:

When you say "Lr-edited "3-Europe and Africa", is this editing the same Album Set that is currently at 4a-Europe-and-Africa?  So does that mean you edited the album set without changing the slug, which worked, and then attempted to change the slug, which didn't work?

is "yes" -- I changed that album set's name to "3-Europe and Africa" but not the slug.

I do have a gmail account (redacted & put in Private Message) so that should work. I can't do it now. Should we pick a time tomorrow? You name it. I am PST (Oregon).

Last edited by rsamco (2015-02-14 10:16:42)

Rick

#7 2015-02-15 06:45:30

Ben

hi Rick, I'll be home and online this afternoon (Sunday for me).  Does 8pm Saturday your time suit you?

#8 2015-02-15 08:08:46

rsamco
Website

Unfortunately this evening I'm not going to be home. Tomorrow (Sunday my time) and all day Monday I should be available.

Rick

#9 2015-02-20 20:32:33

Ben

Thanks for your time in helping to solve this.  There was a bug that crept into the most recent version of Publisher that prevented the renaming of Album Set slugs for Album Sets that resided within other Album Sets.

I have this and one other, minor, fix in Publisher 2.2.1 which is now available.  I don't consider this an urgent update, so others may choose to wait for a more significant Publisher update before upgrading files.

Board footer