Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-09 03:54:30

dmward

serious problem with pages export

I am in the process of updating my website.
I have a main site created with Pages, and two child sites nested below; architecture and weddings.

This yesterday and this morning I was finishing up the fine tuning on the architecture site.

One feature I added is the ability to publish the home page gallery via Publisher.

Once that was done and tested I decided to add the same capability to the main site.

I saved the architecture pages template to the main site template in the web module and then went into the navigation section to make changes to two navigation elements; home and one that was originally setup to go to the main site which I changed to go to the architecture site.

I saved the template, and exported. Then uploaded to my hosting service (GODADDY)

Unfortunately, when I go to the main site URL http://dmwfotos.com I get the architecture site and can not get to the main  site.

I uploaded just the newly exported site files into a test directory T1 URL is http://dmwfotos.com/T1/ Using that URL also goes to the architecture site rather than the main site.

HELP!

David

#2 2015-02-09 05:34:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: serious problem with pages export

both of those pages have home pages controlled by Publisher (as Stage page). Are you trying to use the same publisher instance for both? Because their both using the same template

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-09 08:05:36

dmward

Yes.
Its my understanding that the publisher, cart etc. in the TTG-BE folder in the root is used by other TTG instances in subdirectories.
It seems to work fine with templates used in the gallery folders.
Its just that when I attempted to setup the publisher support for the home page that things go wacko.

Last edited by dmward (2015-02-09 08:23:39)

#4 2015-02-09 08:45:34

rod barbee
Website

For publisher to replace the home page gallery, an album with the slug "pages-gallery" must be in the galleries/ folder. Do you have that set up in each sub site?

If your sites are using the same template, they'll have the same navigation.

Do you have separate Pages installations going on, with separate galleries/ folders? And separate Publisher instances for each?

what's your folder structure look like? I'm not really following what you've got going

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-02-09 08:50:04

dmward

Rob,
The intent is for the main site (dmwfotos) to use a template created in Stage that has this title: DMWFOTOS-CE4-STAGE-GALLERIA-HOMEPAGE-PUBLISHER-TEMPLATE.

The architecture sub-site it to use the template titled: DMWFOTOS-ARCHITECTURE-HOME-PAGE-PUBLISHER-TEMPLATE.

Both templates are in the templated/gallery folder in tag-be.

Hope that helps.

David

#6 2015-02-09 09:23:28

dmward

What do you mean about separate Publisher instances for each?
I have Publisher in the root directory for the main site.
Do I also need it in the sub-site root directory?
I get the impression, for the way things have worked until I tried to add the published gallery for the home page, that having tag-be in the root directory worked for any sub-sites as well.

It has for publishing galleries to each sites gallery folder.

My site is structured like this:

dmwfotos
      /architecture
      /weddings

the two sub-sites are each created with Pages, the only real difference, once the rebuild is complete will be the navigation menus

Each sub-site has its own galleries folder that is populated via publisher to create albums.

I updated the architecture site to incorporate the publisher managed home page gallery and it works fine. The "pages-gallery" is in the galleries folder as it should be.

The problems started when I tried to update the dmwfotos site to include a publisher managed home page gallery. When I uploaded that website as exported from the Web Module the problems started.

#7 2015-02-09 09:26:08

dmward

Rob,
I just created a version of the main dmwfotos site with the publisher managed home page gallery removed and its working fine.
That seems to be the problem.

So, the question is; How can I implement it so the publisher managed gallery is possible on both the main and the sub sites?

Thanks,
David

#8 2015-02-09 10:47:40

rod barbee
Website

So you're saying that you're using one Publisher installation to control galleries in three sites?

If you're running all three sites from the same publisher set up, you can only have one pages gallery as far as I know. This is because it needs to have the slug named "pages-gallery". And it needs to be in the top-level galleries folder.

So if you try to replace the home page gallery of any of your sites, it's going to be drawn from the galleries/ folder for your main site.

Actually, to have different publisher controlled home pages I believe you'd need parallel installations of Publisher. That means a ttg-be set up for each site as well.

an instance of Publisher is the set up in the Publish Services control pane. You can create as many as you like by right clicking on any existing CE4 Publisher instance and selecting "Create another Publish service via TTG CE4 Publisher.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-02-10 00:52:14

dmward

I think I've done what you're describing.
I have publisher on the server in tag-be.
Then in Lightroom I have publish services for the different sites. For example to get galleries to the architecture site, I have a service that has the gallery location as "/architecture/gallery". That works fine for publishing galleries, even with nesting. However, when I tried to add the second instance of home page gallery publish services it hiccuped.

I'll do some more testing.

I have a screen grab of the publish service panel. Not sure how to show it to you.

Last edited by dmward (2015-02-10 00:58:09)

#10 2015-02-10 01:13:30

dmward

Here is the message I get went trying to create the pages-gallery album for the dmwfotos site.
There is already a "pages-gallery" album in the "../architecture/galleries/" folder.

An internal error has occurred: JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can't parse JSON at char 1 of: file_put_contents(./../../galleries/pages-gallery/gallery.xml) [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'file_put_conten...', '/home/content/7...', 143, Array)
#1 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/publisher/application/helpers/PublisherHelper.php(143): file_put_contents('./../../galleri...', '<?xml version="...')
#2 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php(585): PublisherHelper->updateAlbum('98815', Array, Array)
#3 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php(532): ApiController->updateAlbum('98815')
#4 [internal function]: ApiController->createAlbum()
#5 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/framework/controllers/Controller.php(41): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/framework/Framework.php(124): Controller->dispatch(Array)
#7 /home/content/73/9240673/html/ttg-be/publisher/index.php(23): Framework->route()
#8 {main}|URL: /ttg-be/publisher/index.php

#11 2015-02-10 01:15:16

rod barbee
Website

to include a screen shot in your post, put it online (I keep a folder in the root of my site for just this purpose) and in your post, click the image icon in the bar above the Write Message area. It's the one next to the color wheel. Past the url to your image between the IMG tags.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-02-10 01:20:48

rod barbee
Website

I think Ben is going to have to take a look. I'm not sure that you can use the pages-gallery slug more than once in a database or if you can use use an installation of /ttg-be in a subdomain of the main site in which ttg-be is installed.

Since this is really more of a Publisher issue, I'll move this over to that forum where Ben will have a better chance of seeing it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-02-10 02:01:29

dmward

OK thanks.
I'll put the image on my site and link it.

Board footer