Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-03 10:18:08

rsamco
Website

Publisher managed /galleries/ directory?

My root CE4 /galleries/ directory will consist of a number of album sets and albums which I wish to manage through Publisher. But Publisher doesn't seem to publish the contents of its highest level "container" to the server. I thought that I could just create a Publisher album set which had "Features>Hide from AutoIndex" enabled and FTP it to /galleries/. And this works great except that root album set's breadcrumbs shows where that album set was created, not where it currently resides. For example, if I created it as a highest level album set then its breadcrumb is "Home » Galleries » Galleries" (sandbox website is http://rick.samcos.com/galleries/). It seems to be getting this indirectly though its gallery.xml file.  I thought maybe I could delete the gallery.xml file and instead put in an autoindex.xml but no dice. So I'm stumped.

Eventually I'm going to have all this contained within WordPress (using the CE4 WordPress plugin) so if the answer is to configure something there, then great! But it sure seems like that there should be a way to do this without WordPress (or Pages). TIA!

Rick

#2 2015-02-03 10:36:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher managed /galleries/ directory?

Publisher needs to publish to an established folder. So if you need to create a galleries page, upload an autoindex named "galleries" and make the top-level folder "galleries"

galleries/     autoindex  and top-level gallery folder for Publisher. Uploaded via FTP
         2014-galleries/   album-set created with Publisher
                      album1/   album
                      album2/
         2013-galleries/   album set
                       album3/
                        etc.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-03 11:20:39

rsamco
Website

That did it, Rod -- totally makes sense that I need to export a full AutoIndex directory (outside of Publisher) rather than use a Publisher-created directory. Thanks!

Rick

#4 2015-02-03 11:25:55

rsamco
Website

Of course, the AutoIndex-created /galleries/ directory doesn't show breadcrumbs. This is fine with me, but I wanted to point that out to others who may read this thread. I suppose that custom phplugins can be used to show them if desired (e.g., see http://danielleu.com/blog/2014/08/breadcrumbs-ce4/ ).

Rick

#5 2015-02-03 12:18:24

rod barbee
Website

it could, but when you're at the Galleries page, you don't really need breadcrumbs since you have the main navigation to work with.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer