Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-23 19:48:00

MartinS
Website

Lightroom has encountered a problem with its menus - workaround?

I couldn't find references to this LR bug in the forum but if there is anything useful, please point me in the right direction.

I have been receiving a LR message which appears to be a recognized, but unsolved, LR bug, even in 5.7. One is working happily when the following window pops up:

"Lightroom has encountered a problem with its menus. Some menu commands will not work until Lightroom has been restarted.  See Adobe Technote - Restart Lightroom - Continue"

This has previously been solved by restarting as suggested; the Continue option results in the pop-up again. On the Adobe forum it is said to be related to having a large number of develop presets. Well, I have none to speak of so that cannot be relevant.

My immediate problem is that I am unable to edit a critical album set template, the main autoindex in my galleries folder. Even after a LR restart, a pc reboot, clearing the cache, optimizing the catalog, running checkdisk etc etc, this message pops up as soon as I try to edit the Base Settings in the album set.

Have others encountered this and does anyone know a workaround to enable editing of the album set?

#2 2015-01-23 21:26:36

MartinS
Website

Re: Lightroom has encountered a problem with its menus - workaround?

Well, about half an hour after I posted the menu problem, suddenly LR allowed me to edit the album set without protest, so the urgency has now receded. It will however not surprise me if the bug occurs again before long.

#3 2015-01-23 22:45:39

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Have never heard of that one before. Very strange. I wonder whether something might be corrupted in your installation of LR ...

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2015-01-23 23:29:55

MartinS
Website

I don't believe so. There is enough on the Adobe site about this bug which they (Adobe) do not appear to have been able to address since it first emerged with the release of (I believe) version 5.5. If it occurs again I will post the relevant Adobe link, which shows when "Adobe Technote" is clicked, here.

Board footer