Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-22 15:35:31

outpostjeff

Error message on publish

Receiving this error message when attempting to publish after latest updates...
error.png

#2 2015-01-22 19:22:31

Ben

Re: Error message on publish

Hi Jeff, it looks like Publisher hasn't been upgraded at the back-end.  Have you logged into ttg-be/publisher/admin since you updated the code?  If not, please do so, as this should complete the upgrade.

Let us know if that still doesn't help, and the version number that Publisher is reporting on the Publisher Dashboard.

#3 2015-01-23 12:50:34

outpostjeff

Hi Ben, did that. Here is screen shot from Admin page...
ttgbe_admin.png

#4 2015-01-23 13:09:33

Ben

Thanks Jeff.  Have you replaced the entire directory of ttg-be/publisher/application with that from the CE4-Publisher-220.zip file?
I suggest downloading the file again and copying the publisher/application directory again.
Afterwards, login as admin and visit the Publisher Dashboard to complete the upgrade.

If that doesn't help, please change the TTG BE admin password to one you can share and send it to be via Email or PM so that I can look at the database.

#5 2015-01-24 17:05:50

outpostjeff

Hello again Ben. I tried re-downloading/installing as you suggested, then logging in as Admin again to complete the upgrade but I still get the same error message after clicking the Publish button. I will send you password via PM.

#6 2015-01-29 05:52:26

hjrw

I am also still getting the errors that I am trying to change the name and that I cannot update the gallery.  Here are the error messages:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Xvop … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Xvop … sp=sharing

I have updated ttg-be, and publisher, and gallery; logged into ttg-be, exited and restarted LR several times.

It had been working.  Now I am stuck.  I cannot create any new galleries or even open the gallery info in publish without breaking it.

Thanks

A little history:  I created a gallery, posted it using publish.  All was fine.  This was in an album set.  I needed to change the descriptive copy.  I edited the album in publish, changed the text.  Would not allow me to update.  I may have inadvertently clicked on the album title but did not change it.  I then recreated a new album in the same set.  I was unable to edit or publish it.  I am afraid to touch any of my other albums for fear of corrupting them as well.  So at this point I am dead in the water.

Last edited by hjrw (2015-01-29 05:58:19)

#7 2015-01-29 06:02:12

hjrw

Here is a semi-related issue.  I don't know if this is a Lightroom issue or a TTG issue.  Since I have been recreating new versions of my album, every time I get ready to create it, Lightroom changes the order of the images to "capture time" after I have painstakingly arranged them in a "custom order."  This seems to happen only when I am using publish, not with regular library work in LR.

#8 2015-01-29 06:27:36

Ben

For ordering, make sure the collection's Sort field  is set to User Ordering, and that the album's 'Photo order' field is set to 'Managed by Lightroom'.  You'll then need to publish a photo for the ordering to take effect.  Right-clicking a single photo to republish and then clicking Publish will suffice.

Regarding editing album sets, there was a bug in Publisher.  Please update to the latest version, downloadable with the 2.2.0b zip file.  That bug resides in the LR plugin.  There shouldn't have been any side effects other than not being able to edit an album set.

Your other problems will need some investigation.  Can you please provide me with your TTG BE admin login (changed to something you can share if needed), and preferably grant me FTP access?  It's best to send those details via Email using the link under my name.  Also, what is the URL of the gallery you are trying to update?

#9 2015-01-29 07:07:26

hjrw

Ben - I just sent access info and some screen shots...

Thanks
-Herschel

#10 2015-01-29 16:54:29

hjrw

Ben

After all of the upgrades to Publisher and the other modules, I created a new Album Set and Album and they seem to be working.  I now need to clean up the unused autoindices and galleries and make sure that everything still works.

I'll update this as I progress.

-Herschel

Board footer