Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-14 14:14:46

andacar
Website

Gallery Formatting Not Uploading

I'm working on CE4 Galleries. I set up the gallery formatting and then make sure I save the template. I then publish the gallery, but the formatting for the various thumbnails does not carry over. This is driving me nuts.

• I have made sure that shared resources is turned off in CE4 Pages.

• I have updated to the latest versions of everything.

• I have cleared and remade all Publisher galleries and started over with them as well.

Still the same problem.

My URL is http://creepyhouse.net. If you look at the gallery called Car Logos the thumbnails should have the same style formatting as the gallery thumbnails and the page in general. But they are too small, and have no borders or background color. And the text for the gallery is not uploading, even though as I recall it used to. I can't see a tool in the Publisher controls that says to retain the text in from the template.

Heads take more damage than walls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Crash_RoMan.jpg

Thanks,

Andacar

Last edited by andacar (2015-01-14 14:23:01)

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2015-01-14 14:53:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Gallery Formatting Not Uploading

To include template text, look under the Second tab in the album setup/edit dialog. There's a button under the Page Copy field that allows for inclusion of template copy.

The gallery looks fine on my iPad, I'll have to wait until I'm back at my PC  in the morning to check out the desktop version.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-14 15:00:32

andacar
Website

Are you referring to the tab that says Page Content > Page copy placement? I see Replace Template Copy, Position New Copy Above Existing, and another one for below. Is that what you mean?

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#4 2015-01-14 15:50:34

andacar
Website

Now things are even more screwy. I tried republishing new images, but the old images are still there. They have just taken on the size of the new images and are distorted. I tried deleting and republishing the gallery. Same result. Something is definitely messed up here.

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

#5 2015-01-14 21:29:38

rod barbee
Website

andacar wrote:

Are you referring to the tab that says Page Content > Page copy placement? I see Replace Template Copy, Position New Copy Above Existing, and another one for below. Is that what you mean?

Yep

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-14 22:14:32

rod barbee
Website

If you look at the gallery called Car Logos the thumbnails should have the same style formatting as the gallery thumbnails and the page in general.

Not sure what this means. What other gallery or page are you comparing to?

The gallery itself looks fine. The logo thumbnails are 92px square. The large images are square. It looks pretty good to me.
Can you post a screen shot from Lightroom of what you expected to see?

(have you tried clearing browser cache or looking in a different browser?)

this is what I'm seeing:

creepy.jpg

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-01-15 01:28:44

andacar
Website

You're right that the odd shapes must have been some browser cache issue.

Here's what I have it set up to look like. Also, it uploaded the wrong text.

img1.jpg

Thanks again for your continued help and patience.

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

#8 2015-01-15 01:46:27

rod barbee
Website

I just looked at the template you're using, it has the same text as the gallery. There are no images with the template so I can't visually compare.
http://creepyhouse.net/ttg-be/templates … _Template/

But looking at the template's css, I believe it explains what you're seeing. There's no margin or padding around the grid icons (thumbnails) and the icon background color is set to #2C2C2C, which is very dark. In this case that background isn't showing because of the 0px margin and padding

When you make your changes, are you saving to and uploading "Gallery_Template"? Are you uploading to ttg-be/templates/gallery/?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-01-15 02:23:12

andacar
Website

These are being sent to /gallery; that's where Publisher has been sending them. Are they supposed to be in ttg-be? The template is supposed to be CS4 Gallery - Car Logos. I'll look at the template's text and fix the margins. The background icon color is supposed to be the same as the color in the Navigation Container. I'm going to try fixing margins and repost.

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

#10 2015-01-15 02:32:26

rod barbee
Website

the template being used in your car logo gallery is named "Gallery_Template"

All gallery templates need to be uploaded to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/. Publisher will place your albums in the /galleries/ folder. These are two different things.

if you've created another template and have uploaded it to ttg-be/templates/gallery/, then it should be available in Publisher when you go to create or edit an album. Is this the case?

I couldn't find a template named "CS4 Gallery - Car Logos" in the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder. But then again, the file may not be named that (it should have no spaces in the name)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-01-15 03:06:29

andacar
Website

Ahhhhhh. You know much that is hidden, oh Rod. I'll do that immediately.

One thing that would help is that I cannot get  Preview in Browser to work at all with Lightroom. It would be a huge help, but neither IE 11 nor Firefox will work. They always complain they can't find the right files.

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

#12 2015-01-15 05:06:35

rod barbee
Website

That's because your pages are being exported as php. If you don't use any of the features that trigger a php file being exported (phplugins, cart integration, downloads...a couple of others), then you can view CE4 Galleries in preview in browser.
You won't be able to preview Pages, Stage, or Autoindex in the browser at all as they always export as php.
This is because php files need to interact with a server.
The only way to preview locally is to use a virtual host like MAMP for Mac, or WAMP for Windows. Or XAMPP for Win or Mac.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer