Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-12 14:26:28

ttg-jim

Neither customer nor I receive cart emails upon checkout

My TTG-BE settings are for vanilla (php) mail.  I'm not receiving any confirmation emails, and nor are my clients.  Fortunately, we both get a paypal email, but I expected something with order details and thumbnails.

Vendor and customer emails are set to yes and normal.  Demo mode is set to 'no' (I don't know what this does and the hover info seems bass-ackwards)

Is there a secret switch to turn these emails on?

#2 2015-01-12 14:40:14

rod barbee
Website

Re: Neither customer nor I receive cart emails upon checkout

to save you some time, be sure to post a link to your site and consider enabling guest access to ttg-be so when Matt or Ben come along they'll have something to look at.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-12 14:47:29

Ben

Who are you hosting with?  If using vanilla mail, it can help to make sure your sending address corresponds to an email address setup through your hosting account.  That shouldn't mean that you have to use your host's email service, just that you've setup an email address in their control panel so that their server considers it a legitimate address to be sending from.

As an example. I use Bluehost for my hosting and Google for my email.  Let's say I own the domain mydomain.com and use Bluehost to host that domain.  Through the Bluehost control panel I setup an email address 'orders@mydomain.com', and in TTG BE I setup my email addresses as orders@mydomain.com.  In the case of Bluehost, without further configuration that doesn't actually mean that Bluehost is handling my incoming email.  I have configured Google to do that.  But it does mean that if the cart tries sending emails as from orders@myhost.com, that they will be sent out, with the correct sending email address set.

#4 2015-01-12 15:41:33

ttg-jim

I'm using TTG BE Admin version: 2.0.2 on http://www.fourwallsphoto.com/ttg-be/admin/ where I have set up guest access with credentials guest, ttg321

Godaddy is my host. It's a new site, and I'm not sure what the default email address is but I'm certain that it currently does not match what I have used in the TTG-BE since I created these to be specific. Since having to move to a linux account for TTG, I haven't yet figured out the relationship between cpanel email, and what I had before. As you can tell, I'm over my head.

#5 2015-01-12 15:46:11

Ben

Try setting up an email address in your GoDaddy cPanel matching what you've used for the Site/Vendor Email Address.

#6 2015-01-12 15:53:13

ttg-jim

ahh, just found out the cart emails have all been going to an unmonitored account. Thx

#7 2015-01-12 15:55:48

ttg-jim

hmm, that explains why I missed the emails, but what of my customers?

#8 2015-01-12 16:53:22

Ben

Perhaps picked up as spam or dropped altogether by the receiving email server.  Can you forward on one of your received orders to my email address?  (available via the Email link under my picture)

Board footer