Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-04 14:17:31

andacar
Website

Aligning boxes

I understand the Box model used in CE4 Pages, but one thing seems to escape me. I seem to be able to either have full width boxes using automatic width of the mantle and Core, or else they are centered. I want them all to align left, but I see no provision for that. Is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks,

Darrell Leland

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2015-01-04 15:53:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Aligning boxes

I'm not quite sure what you're after. Do you have a mockup of what you're after?

In the block you have the option of either a one column or two-column (sidebar) layout. You can set the column widths as you wish and place the main content either right or left.
If you do have sidebar and leave it empty, the primary content area will be on the left (no matter if it was originally on the left or right) taking up the width you assigned it.

The Block itself is one big box, as is the Grid. The Header and Footer are their own boxes. Those boxes (cores) will always be centered in their respective mantle. You can set the padding to "move" the content within left or right.
And you can set the content within the block, header, nav, and footer to align left, right, or center, but the boxes themselves will always be centered.
(Oh, navigation can also now be positioned in a column to the left. this pushes the block and grid content to the right)

If you're aiming to restructure (like placing the grid to the right of the block, for example) then you'll need to look into phplugins and custom css.

Can you give us a better explanation of what you're trying to do?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-04 16:27:56

andacar
Website

Here's the page's url:

http://creepyhouse.net/index.php

As you said, the boxes (cores) are always aligned center. What I'd like to be able to do is have them all justify on the left margin.

Thanks!

Darrell Leland

Last edited by andacar (2015-01-04 16:28:17)

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#4 2015-01-04 16:37:42

rod barbee
Website

set all your core widths to the same value and set the alignment to the left.

right now you've got the header and nav at auto width, aligned left.
the block mantle is 1140px with the content aligned left.
your social media area is set at auto width, aligned left, and your footer width is set at 494px, aligned left.

after you set all widths (at least core widths) to match, you may need to adjust left-padding some.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-01-04 16:49:43

andacar
Website

Thanks very much Rod!

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

Board footer