Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-02 14:47:18

ttg-jim

How to control font and b/g color in CE4 cart terms popup?

Hi,

I'm running a cart on my site: http://www.fourwallsphoto.com/galleries … cker-2014/

and I just realized the terms and conditions are un-readable in the popup because the popup background and text are the same color (white).  This is default behavior in the LIME SPIDER  template, but I can't figure out where to change it.

Any suggestions welcome!

#2 2015-01-03 12:35:15

ttg-jim

Re: How to control font and b/g color in CE4 cart terms popup?

I think this might be the transaction less checkout, because I don't even see the T's & C's come up for a paypal checkout (why not?).  I'm trying to offer a proofing option for a bride/artistic director to identify their favorites without an actual purchase...

#3 2015-01-03 14:59:43

rod barbee
Website

You're probably going to want to change the background color of the pop up box using custom css so that the white text is visible

Try:
#modal {
   background-color: #999;        (or whatever color you like)
}

For a PayPal checkout, the buyer is returned to a ttg page with the check boxes and a "Pay Now" button after entering their PayPal info. Purchase won't go through otherwise. I just gave it a try and your T&Cs are showing on the final checkout page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-01-07 06:57:10

gaufde
Website

Hi Rob,
I just tried your code, and it worked perfectly after I added "!important" to the code. However, I'd like to change the color of the label "Add an item to the cart", the "x" in the top right corner, as well as the "cancel" in the bottom left of the box. I'd also like to change the text color if possible. Can you tell me what code to use to change these objects?
Thanks,
Graceson

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#5 2015-01-07 07:31:50

ttg-jim

Thanks Rod.  Which file or files do I need to edit this line in?

#6 2015-01-07 07:45:50

ttg-jim

Oh, I just found the chapter on custom css (http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=phplugins_custom_css ), thank you.

And I see now that the the T's and C's do come up *after* the paypal screen, thx.

That all said, it might be useful in an upcoming bug fix to not have white-on-white as the default (Matt).

Thx again.

#7 2015-01-07 08:19:41

rod barbee
Website

gaufde wrote:

Hi Rob,
I just tried your code, and it worked perfectly after I added "!important" to the code. However, I'd like to change the color of the label "Add an item to the cart", the "x" in the top right corner, as well as the "cancel" in the bottom left of the box. I'd also like to change the text color if possible. Can you tell me what code to use to change these objects?
Thanks,
Graceson

You can find the selectors by using the browser's inspector tool. I've got a post on doing just that: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … selectors/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-01-07 08:39:08

gaufde
Website

Thanks Rod!
That was very helpful, I was able to find the items I wanted using your tutorial.
Graceson

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#9 2015-01-08 13:59:02

ttg-jim

OK, one final dumb question.  Which phplugins.php file do I edit?  There is one on my site at /galleries/phplugins/

Does this get overwritten every time I upload a new album?  What if I update TTG-CE to a new version, will it need to be reedited again also?

Update: I did edit the file at /galleries/phplugins/ but my site did not go red, so I guess I've either got the wrong phplugins.php file, or my Wordpress stuff is interfering.  I also use publisher if that helps.

Last edited by ttg-jim (2015-01-08 14:15:59)

#10 2015-01-08 14:47:29

gaufde
Website

It all depends on what php path you have set. However, the default php path inside the code of the phplugins.php file is /public_html/phplugins/phplugins.php. If you are using the blog and galleries bundle and you followed the instructions which tell you to set up the phplugins.php file inside /galleries/ then this won't work. You can either edit the code to put in the right path (I think, but I haven't tried it) or you can copy your /phplugins/ folder from /galleries/ to the root of your site. Then, you will need to change the phplugins path in lightroom for all of your plugins. That is what I did, and it has worked beautifully.
Graceson

Last edited by gaufde (2015-01-09 00:28:03)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#11 2015-01-12 07:30:32

ttg-jim

I'm actually using the Wordpress bundle, and for that, the PHPlugins folder is already set to /galleries/phplugins  So far, it seems to be working with the menus, so what do I need to do to turn custom css on???

#12 2015-01-12 07:56:43

rod barbee
Website

in the phplugins.php file there is already code to turn on custom css. See:http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=phplugins_custom_css

It assumes a phplugins/ folder in the root of your site so you'll just need to change the path to the custom css file

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-01-12 07:57:04

ttg-jim

I figured it out!

The default link to the custom.css file in /galleries/phplugins/phplugins.php is incorrect:

default is:     <link rel="stylesheet" href="/phplugins/css/custom.css" />

but for wordpress users, this should be:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/galleries/phplugins/css/custom.css" />

So, now my question is, when does this file (/galleries/phplugins.php) get changed?
-Is it every time I upgrade CE4?
-Every time I publish a new gallery?
-Every time I modify a template in TTG-BE?

I just don't want to keep having to manually edit this file on the server, and remembering to do it.  Having readable T's & C's is pretty important for an e-commerce site!

#14 2015-01-12 08:38:02

ttg-jim

And for anyone else following along, this needed to be added to the custom.css file to make the warning dialog box (the one that shows if the T's and C's checkboxes aren't checked) readable, since by default its white font on pale yellow background.

.alert {
background-color: #888888 !important;
}

This may not be exactly the right code because I don't know how generic the alerts are, but for now it works...

#15 2015-01-12 08:49:45

rod barbee
Website

When you export any Phplugins enabled TTG plugin, you get a folder named phplugins-sample/.
Since you need to rename this folder to phplugins, that means exporting will not over-write wat you've done in your phplugins file.
I find it a good practice to create a separate folder on your hard drive to store phplugins.php, custom css, etc. just makes it easier to find when you want to make changes.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-01-12 09:30:19

ttg-jim

That's a great idea, thanks Rod!

Board footer