Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-18 06:32:28

mjenich

Gallery produced in Publisher

I'm getting started with publishing from LR and have been successful at doing so. BTW-it's great and so much easier and faster.  But I've noticed that the images uploaded through publisher are on a different gallery page than on the other more recently developed galleries. I assume those images uploaded using publisher use the settings from initial folder the was placed in TTG-BE . If so, can I simply delete that initial folder and add a new folder with the updated settings? If so, then it follows that any time I make any meaningful changes in a gallery (not things like title, description, slug etc.) I should then upload the folder with the new settings in the TTG-BE folder.

#2 2014-12-18 06:52:09

Ben

Re: Gallery produced in Publisher

Hi, I don't really understand what the issue is here. can you help explain with some example directories/URLs?

Published galleries should have a similar URL from non-published galleries, e.g. /galleries/my-album/

#3 2014-12-18 07:01:34

rod barbee
Website

I'm not really following...

I assume those images uploaded using publisher use the settings from initial folder the was placed in TTG-BE .

images are uploaded to the albums created by Publisher. Those albums are placed in the folder you've designated as the top-level gallery folder in Publisher set up.

Are you saying that you've set a different top-level gallery folder than where your other galleries are located? (a link to your site would help to picture what you're describing)

If so, can I simply delete that initial folder and add a new folder with the updated settings? If so, then it follows that any time I make any meaningful changes in a gallery (not things like title, description, slug etc.) I should then upload the folder with the new settings in the TTG-BE folder.

can you be more specific as to what folder you're referring to? is it a gallery folder you uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery? Is is the galleries/ folder itself.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-12-18 07:14:20

mjenich

Go to: http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/galleries.php. I just uploaded gallery "Recent Photo Shoots". I used the workflow where I Exported then uploaded in File Zilla and dragged the folder over to the Gallery folder on my site. Look at the Navigation menu. Now go to "Anna" and/or "SWTU". Look at those pages. You'll notice that the pages (and navigation bar) are different from "Recent..."). The last two galleries were uploaded using the publisher method. I'm wondering if when I use publisher, I get the settings that were in the initial folder that was placed in TTG-BE. If so, can I simply delete that folder and replace it with a new gallery folder with the updated settings?

#5 2014-12-18 07:47:17

rod barbee
Website

Both Anna and SWTU are Publisher albums using the MartysTestGallery1207 template.

If you want the navigation to match, you'll need to change that in the gallery that created MartysTestGallery1207 template then export and upload to the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder.
Or just upload the same gallery you used for Recent Photos (minus the photos) into the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder and then choose that template for albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-12-18 09:46:35

mjenich

That's basically what I thought. If I upload a new gallery, I assume I should either name it MartysTestGallery1207 or I will have to in the Publisher settings in TTG-BE and change the name of the folder to match the new name. BTW-in the publisher settings do I have to put anything in the box reference to the vendor name. If so, what do I put in. I'm using g mail.

#7 2014-12-18 10:34:35

rod barbee
Website

if you're uploading a new gallery as a new template, yes, give it a different name. If you want it to replace the old template, then give it the same name and it will overwrite the existing template. This will change all albums using that template to your new design.

Vendor email is for email sent from the cart, if you're using the cart. It can be the same as your site email or, if you have a different email address you'd like to use for cart orders, enter that

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer