Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-16 08:00:15

mjenich

Naviagation Bar is different In LR than on the Web

I developed a Home page using the Gill template. I decided to make some changes and make the navigation bar go across the top (not down the side). When I work on it in the Web module the navigation bar is clearly across the top. However when I upload it to my website, the navigation bar is on the side. This occurs on all other pages too with one exception. When I'm on the gallery page on my site and click on Gallery, the page that loads has the navigation bar across the top.

I'm thinking that perhaps I should start over and begin with the default pages preset. I want to avoid doing a lot of work again. Will my settings automatically be applied to the default pages? I suspect not. If not, can I do a hack and go from My Gill Pages to My Default Pages? Or would I be right back to where I started?

When I upload Pages to my website I've just been overwriting the new settings with the old. Should I delete the old one first, then upload the new one? I'm thinking that may be the problem as my first Pages had the navigation bar on the side?

Here's an unrelated question. I want to have only a slide show on the Home Page. I now have a slide show and an image at the bottom. How do I get rid of the image on the bottom?

Here's my site: http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/

#2 2014-12-16 08:24:56

rod barbee
Website

Re: Naviagation Bar is different In LR than on the Web

try clearing your browser cache or look in a different browser. I don't see that any of your pages have the column navigation.

But I do notice that some of your galleries have the navigation styled differently.

When I upload Pages to my website I've just been overwriting the new settings with the old. Should I delete the old one first, then upload the new one? I'm thinking that may be the problem as my first Pages had the navigation bar on the side?

this depends on what you've set in your FTP program. I use Filezilla and have it set to overwrite if the uploading file is newer or has changed. I just let the files be overwritten rather than deleting them first. That's always worked for me.

How do I get rid of the image on the bottom?

Your home page is set up with the grid above the block. The image is appearing in the block. Go to Color Palette > the Home Page: Page Image and disable the page image.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … tent_setup

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer