Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-10 01:26:08

kevin
Website

Error "cannot Parse Response" on Ipad Air

I have updated TTG to CE 4.  All is working to my satisfaction, or so I thought!
I have just purchased an IPad Air!  I am starting to get intermittent errors on my web page.
The error that I am getting is:

Safari cannot open the page
The error was "cannot parse response"

The site has always worked on desktop machines, both PC and MAC.
It has also worked on all mobile devises that I have tried.

Error has only been experienced on my New  Ipad Air!
Does any body have any thoughts?

#2 2014-12-10 03:52:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: Error "cannot Parse Response" on Ipad Air

Does any body have any thoughts?

Not without being able to see it. Can you post a link?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-10 06:52:21

kevin
Website

#4 2014-12-10 07:45:27

rod barbee
Website

Have you tried other browsers?

perhaps someone with the iPad Air will drop in and be able to check it on theirs.

FWIW, I've got the iPad 3 (running latest iOS) and the site is coming up fine for me both in Safari and Chrome.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-12-10 10:37:06

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Something weird is happening on your site.

I clicked your link and it opened fine, so I was about to tell you there was no problem.

Then I decided to take a second look, so I clicked the link again and it only opened a blank page. When the page loads blank, it does load some of its source code, but then chokes on this:

<meta scheme='a1afcc517bec909bf5c3fddea7c83c3d' name='TS018c80b7' content='95d538eade680ac0' /> <meta scheme='eb1e31097f37b3d64bef23cbd5cab231' name='1000' content='5' /><!-- 9cc5da25f89a21d1fbb5ffa18da0bb73 --><script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
(function(){if(window.addEventListener){window.addEventListener("load",a,false)}else{if(window.attachEvent){window.attachEvent("onload",a)}else{onload=a}}var c={};c.get_cshui_value=function(j){var k=4;var l;var h=0;var e="";var g=3;e="";for(var f=0;f<k-1;++f){l=Math.round(Math.random()*9);e+=l;h+=l}if(e=="000"){e="123"}while(true){l=Math.round(Math.random()*9);if((h+l)%g==j){return e+l}}};c.ILLEGAL_VALUE=65535;c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_MAX_TIME_DURATION=1000;c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_MAX_STEPS=5;var d=document.getElementsByTagName("meta");c.CSHUI_RANDOM_DATA_NODE=null;for(var b=0;b<d.length;b++){if(d[b].getAttribute("scheme")&&d[b].getAttribute("scheme")==="a1afcc517bec909bf5c3fddea7c83c3d"){c.CSHUI_RANDOM_DATA_NODE=d[b];c.CSHUI_COOKIE_NAME=d[b].getAttribute("name")+"_77";c.BD_TOKEN=d[b].getAttribute("content")}else{if(d[b].getAttribute("scheme")&&d[b].getAttribute("scheme")==="eb1e31097f37b3d64bef23cbd5cab231"){c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_MAX_TIME_DURATION=d[b].getAttribute("name");c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_MAX_STEPS=d[b].getAttribute("content")}}}c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_TARGET=3;c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_MAX_EVENTS=1024;c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER=0;c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_X_LOCATION=0;c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_Y_LOCATION=0;c.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_IS_CONTINUOUS=0;c.CSHUI_KEYBOARD_EVENTS_TARGET=1;c.CSHUI_KEYBOARD_EVENTS_COUNTER=0;c.CSHUI_TOUCHSTART_EVENTS_TARGET=1;c.CSHUI_TOUCHSTART_EVENTS_COUNTER=0;c.CSHUI_TOUCHMOVE_EVENTS_TARGET=1;c.CSHUI_TOUCHMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER=0;c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_BEGIN_DELIM="_rsb_";c.CSHUI_RAPIDSURF_DELIM="_rs_";c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_TRUE=c.get_cshui_value("1")+"_"+c.BD_TOKEN;c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_UNKNOWN=c.get_cshui_value("0")+"_"+c.BD_TOKEN;c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_FALSE=c.get_cshui_value("2")+"_"+c.BD_TOKEN;c.CSHUI_MONITOR_KEYBOARD=true;c.CSHUI_MONITOR_TOUCHSTART=true;c.CSHUI_MONITOR_MOUSE=true;c.CSHUI_MONITOR_TOUCHMOVE=true;c.new_das_item=function(){return{page:{cookie:[]},cshui:c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_UNKNOWN}};c.new_das=function(){return{}};c.das=c.new_das();c.extract_cookies=function(){var l=document.cookie||window.document.cookie;var g=[];var e=l.split(/\s*;\s*/);for(var f=0;f<e.length;++f){var k=e[f].split(/\s*=\s*/);var h=k[0];var j=k.slice(1,k.length).join("");g.push({name:h,value:j})}return g};c.is_cshui_indication_true=function(f){var e=f.split("_");return(e[0]%3)==1};c.implant_human_user_activity_indicator_event_listeners=function(e){var h=new Date();var g=parseInt(h.getTime());if(!this.rapidsurf){this.rapidsurf={}}this.rapidsurf.start_time=g;var f=this;this.monitor_event=function(j,i){if(this.is_cshui_indication_true(this.das[e.location.href].cshui)){return}if(this[j]<=this[i]){if(this["CSHUI_COOKIE_FIRST_TIME_INDICATION"]==0){this.das[e.location.href].cshui=c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_TRUE}this.update_cshui_cookie(e);this.remove_all_cshui_events(e)}this[i]++};this.log_keyboard_event=function(i){f.monitor_event("CSHUI_KEYBOARD_EVENTS_TARGET","CSHUI_KEYBOARD_EVENTS_COUNTER")};this.log_touchstart_event=function(i){f.monitor_event("CSHUI_TOUCHSTART_EVENTS_TARGET","CSHUI_TOUCHSTART_EVENTS_COUNTER")};this.log_touchmove_event=function(i){f.monitor_event("CSHUI_TOUCHMOVE_EVENTS_TARGET","CSHUI_TOUCHMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER")};this.log_mousemove_event=function(j){if(f.is_cshui_indication_true(f.das[e.location.href].cshui)||f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_MAX_EVENTS<f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER){f.remove_all_cshui_events(e)}var i=0;var k=0;j=j||j.event||window.event||event;i=j.screenX;k=j.screenY;if(f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER==0){f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER=1;f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_X_LOCATION=i;f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_Y_LOCATION=k}else{f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_COUNTER++;if((Math.abs(f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_X_LOCATION-i)<=1)&&(Math.abs(f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_Y_LOCATION-k)<=1)){f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_IS_CONTINUOUS++}f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_X_LOCATION=i;f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_LAST_Y_LOCATION=k}if(f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_IS_CONTINUOUS>=f.CSHUI_MOUSEMOVE_EVENTS_TARGET){if(f.CSHUI_COOKIE_FIRST_TIME_INDICATION==0){f.das[e.location.href].cshui=c.CSHUI_COOKIE_VALUE_TRUE}f.update_cshui_cookie(e)}};this.remove_cshui_event=function(i,j,k,l){if(this[k]){if(i.document.removeEventListener){i.document.removeEventListener(j,l,false)}else{if(i.document.detachEvent){i.document.detachEvent("on"+j,l)}else{i["on"+j]=null}}}};this.remove_all_cshui_events=function(i){this.remove_cshui_event(i,"keypress","CSHUI_MONITOR_KEYBOARD",this.log_keyboard_event);this.remove_cshui_event(i,"mousemove","CSHUI_MONITOR_MOUSE",this.log_mousemove_event);this.remove_cshui_event(i,"touchstart","CSHUI_MONITOR_TOUCHSTART",this.log_touchstart_event);this.remove_cshui_event(i,"touchmove","CSHUI_MONITOR_TOUCHMOVE",this.log_touchmove_event)};this.add_cshui_event=function(i,j,k,l){if(this[k]){if(i.document.addEventListener){i.document.addEventListener(j,l,false)}else{if(i.document.attachEvent){i.document.attachEvent("on"+j,l)}else{i["on"+j]=l}}}};this.add_all_cshui_events=function(i){this.add_cshui_event(i,"keypress","CSHUI_MONITOR_KEYBOARD",this.log_keyboard_event);this.add_cshui_event(i,"mousemove","CSHUI_MONITOR_MOUSE",this.log_mousemove_event);this.add

... this is not TTG code, nor do I recognize it as code from any of our third-party inclusions.

When the page does load correctly, this code does not appear on the page.

However, when I attempt to refresh the page, my browser asks me to Confirm Form Resubmission. Now this is odd, because there are no forms visible on the page, nor in the HTML source, either pre- or post-render.

I don't know whether your host is up to shenanigans, or whether there's some malicious code running on your server. From the looks of the above, I'd venture to guess that the code is running from a cookie. How that cookie got installed, I do not know.

Looking into my browser, your site has in fact put cookies on my system. CE4 Pages does NOT use cookies, so I don't know what these are or how they got here ...

pkgphoto-cookies.png

The first step I would take would be to contact your host to ask them to explain or look into it. If they cannot offer an explanation, then you may need to go drastic, either wiping your site completely and rebuilding from scratch, or finding a new host a rebuilding there. If the latter, we like Bluehost a lot.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2014-12-19 11:47:24

kevin
Website

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem Matthew and Rod.
My initial complaint seems to have corrected itself.   I have "reset" the wireless router and after a couple of days  I am not experiencing the same problem.  Perhaps I had a flaky connection???
My concern now is how to correct the "cookie " problem that Matthew has brought forward.  Is it a critical problem that needs to be addressed right away?  Or, just an annoyance problem?
I will start by approaching my host and see how they respond.
I want to to use CE4 Publisher anyway, so this may be a good time to start rebuilding the site.
Thanks again for your comments.

#7 2014-12-19 12:05:29

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I don't know what the cookie is for, so it's hard to say. It might be something from your host, or it could be malware ... Best thing, talk to them first and see what they have to offer about it.

Matt

#8 2014-12-20 01:50:05

kevin
Website

I talked to support people from the "host" and got the line that they do not support third party.  I pushed a little harder and got the suggestion that my site was issuing cookies and that if I did not want this to happen I would have to set up a htaccess code to prevent it.  They would not give me the htaccess code or tell me where or how to insert it.
My only solution at this point will be to tear down my site, rebuild  and reload the front page.
Thanks again Matthew!

#9 2014-12-20 03:30:33

rod barbee
Website

Lots on the web about using htaccess for cookies. Here's just one: http://www.xpertdeveloper.com/2012/05/d … -htaccess/

And from the ttg docs: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … s_creation

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2014-12-23 09:33:54

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Holy WTF, Batman! Kevin, if that's an accurate accounting of your conversation with host, you need to find a better host pronto. I wholeheartedly recommend Bluehost (click). For starters, they tend to be actually helpful when contacted with support issues. As long as you're tearing down to rebuild anyway, this is a good time for a relocation.

Matt

Board footer