Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-13 05:29:16

rod barbee
Website

Re: Not working on tablet of mobile phone

Don't use the web module's upload feature, it can be buggy. Use a dedicated FTP client instead
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … otocol_ftp

also, when you get things straightened out, your galleries should go in a dedicated folder, not the ttg-be/templates/ folder.
galleries uploaded to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/are intended for use by Publisher.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#2 2014-11-15 07:18:57

fotoszubi

CE4-Gallery-612 does not work on mobile devices.

#3 2014-11-15 07:34:23

rod barbee
Website

And.....

if you want help, be sure to post a link

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2014-11-15 18:01:23

fotoszubi

It is the fault of the new version of the LR. Mobile.php file is not prepared for the new version of the plug. With the older version everything is working properly.
See how mobile.php file with the new version: https://copy.com/x2IQByh60C2fOGHk
and the old operating properly: https://copy.com/3mPFtgiUKaKCm2TN

#5 2014-11-15 23:04:51

rod barbee
Website

What am I supposed to see at these links? They each take me to a page where I can download a mobile.php file, not to a gallery.

do you have links to actual galleries?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-11-17 22:28:03

fotoszubi

These files show that the one with the new version is not valid!

I had to revert to the old version of the gallery in LR that my clients have full access to the gallery from mobile devices. These files, download and compare. These files are generated with the same amount of photos and files with the latest version of the gallery has 565 lines and 8607 from an earlier version of the line. Do I really have to re-add the latest version of the gallery to prove that wrong action?

#7 2014-11-17 22:40:17

fotoszubi

OK well then for you to test: http://www.fotoszubi.pl/galerie/test/
login/pssword: test/test
see mobile version

#8 2014-11-17 22:53:16

rod barbee
Website

fotoszubi wrote:

These files show that the one with the new version is not valid!

I had to revert to the old version of the gallery in LR that my clients have full access to the gallery from mobile devices. These files, download and compare. These files are generated with the same amount of photos and files with the latest version of the gallery has 565 lines and 8607 from an earlier version of the line. Do I really have to re-add the latest version of the gallery to prove that wrong action?

since the mobile version of CE4 gallery works just fine for me an others, then yes. It may have nothing to do with the file. It may have something to do with your server, but without a link to a gallery, Matt and Ben probably won't be able to tell.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-11-17 22:57:35

fotoszubi

I have an older version of a gallery in lightroom and everything is OK, upload the latest version is a bug! So how can this be the fault of the server? File erroneously generated from the gallery in lightroom.

Last edited by fotoszubi (2014-11-17 22:57:56)

#10 2014-11-17 23:31:07

rod barbee
Website

Since I and others haven't seen similar issues, and server incompatibilities have caused problems in the past, then one possibility is a server problem

I just exported a test gallery and am not seeing any problems.

In my test gallery I've tried various combinations of features that trigger php pages but I can't duplicate your problem

Looking at that error-ridden mobile.php file you linked to, I see a bunch of stuff that looks like it's part of the .lrwebengine.

You might try deleting the CE4-Gallery web engine, downloading it again, and reinstalling.

What version of Lightroom are you using?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2014-11-18 00:57:34

fotoszubi

My version is 5.6 lightroom
Is it possible that the previous version of the gallery works without comment and the problem with the latest that was caused by lightroom?
Restoring an older version of the gallery and everything is OK, the new version and the mobile page is not working properly.

#12 2014-11-18 00:59:25

rod barbee
Website

it's working fine for me and others. That's why I suggested you delete the CE4-Gallery web engine, download a fresh version, and reinstall it in Lightroom

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2014-11-18 01:17:23

fotoszubi

Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

#14 2014-11-18 01:23:13

fotoszubi

See how I gave mobile.php file
Line 562 and Line 563 are not shared and are very long. This is different from the older version of the file mobile.php. Index.php files with the latest version is correct and has a lot of lines with preview, mobile.php has only 564

#15 2014-11-18 01:29:39

rod barbee
Website

yes, I understand that. Have you actually tried my suggestion of deleting the CE4-Gallery webengine from where you installed it, downloading a new copy from TTG, and reinstalling it in Lightroom? Then export again and see if the issue has bee resolved.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2014-11-18 01:43:08

fotoszubi

so I did.
Now I removed all web galleries and then ran the LR. I still see the name of the gallery, among others, CE4 Gallery in the layout. How to refresh LR Web Gallery?

#17 2014-11-18 01:48:25

rod barbee
Website

If you've removed it from the proper installation location, it should no longer show up in the Layout panel.

Double check your installation location. It varied depending on your OS and can be found here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … nstall_ce4

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2014-11-18 02:31:57

fotoszubi

I am doing everything correctly. I deleted the entire folder Web Uploader again and started a new engine from the gallery. Unfortunately, there is still a problem. I went back to version 6,0,5 and she gives me a valid file that works mobile.php

#19 2014-11-18 02:51:50

rod barbee
Website

But can you verify that you downloaded a fresh version of CE4-Gallery from the TTG download site (from your order) and reinstalled it?

I deleted the entire folder Web Uploader

exactly which folder are you referring to here? There is no reference to that folder in the installation instructions.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2014-11-18 05:51:05

fotoszubi

I am doing everything correctly. I'm working on lightroom from the beginning as appeared on the market. I had a variety of galleries and I know how to install them. I have the latest file gallery, step by step, everything I've done from the beginning but the effect is the same. Gallery with the latest plugin generates a strange file mobile.php. It is more about 1MB nearly than normal index.php file or other mobile.php what is the older version of the gallery. This file showed earlier. Nothing more I can do so I could again go back to the older version of the gallery.

#21 2014-11-18 07:24:41

rod barbee
Website

Can you just answer my question about the CE4 Gallery so we can eliminate that as something to try:

Have you deleted it, re-downloaded from TTG, and reinstalled the CE4-Gallery web engine???

Like I said above, the mobile file works for me and others.

One other thing to could do. create a user template from CE4 Gallery, put it somewhere on your site, and post the link to it here in the forum. That way someone can download it and try it on their setup to see if the same error occurs.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#22 2014-11-18 08:00:36

fotoszubi

rod barbee wrote:

Can you just answer my question about the CE4 Gallery so we can eliminate that as something to try:

Have you deleted it, re-downloaded from TTG, and reinstalled the CE4-Gallery web engine???

I did

rod barbee wrote:

Like I said above, the mobile file works for me and others.

One other thing to could do. create a user template from CE4 Gallery, put it somewhere on your site, and post the link to it here in the forum. That way someone can download it and try it on their setup to see if the same error occurs.

OK it is link to my template: https://copy.com/jYuYc2Ts1KwINI6q

#23 2014-11-18 08:52:00

rod barbee
Website

Actually, you never explicitly answered the question. You just kept saying how you had done everything right. I still don't know if you downloaded a fresh copy of CE4-Gallery, deleted the old one from the Lightroom/Web Galleries/ folder and replaced it. But that's probably just a language thing.

anyway, it looks like you're right. I loaded your template and started disabling things one at a time. When I disabled Cart Integration the problem disappeared.
Then I re-enabled Cart Integration and it came back. Unchecking Mixed Pricing made the problem go away.

I tried this on one of my own gallery set ups and the same thing happened.

so it looks like enabling Mixed Pricing with the Cart is causing this error in the mobile.php page.

I'll go ahead and post the bug in the Cart forum with a link to this thread.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#24 2014-11-18 14:36:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I've posted a hotfix. Please access your order and download CE4-Gallery-612a.zip.

fotoszubi, in the future, please try to be more cooperative with the support process. Rod was trying to help you, and we might have resolved this issue faster had you cooperated and answered his questions earlier in the thread. We realize that software can be frustrating when it doesn't work as expected, but we do need your help to reproduce any errors you may experience so that we can resolve them. We do not knowingly release buggy software; if such errors were easy for us to reproduce or diagnose, then they wouldn't exist in the first place.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer