Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-29 00:32:54

Em

background Q

Hi, I have made the custom css file and verified it talks to the site via the red background test.

Anyway, want to change the background in both the body, footer and the content area (the area where the text stuff goes on the index, about etc for continuity with the background for my other sites.

Here is what I am trying to do:

background: transparent url(images/filename.jpg) repeat;

I played/changed the background tag in the custom.css and that didn't change anything.

So I went into style-common.css and style-component.css and changed some background color tags just to play around and see if that would work. Anyway, no go on any account.

So, can someone point me in the right direction about exactly which file and css tag to target to get the body, the content text area and the footer to be the image background.

The image is uploaded to the images folder. Thank you in advance, Em ems-gallery

ALSO: I just tried to add a .png to the about page from using "pages". In LR the photo is .png but when exported it went .jpg?

When I noticed it, I edited the about.php to change it to .png and uploaded the respective .png file to the photos directory, the same place as the .jpg file. But when I refreshed the page there was NO image. Only when i put it to .jpg would the image show up. Why would that happen. My masthead is .png and that shows up so I am puzzles what could be the answer. Thanks again.

Last edited by Em (2014-10-29 02:54:37)

#2 2014-10-29 06:19:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: background Q

In LR the photo is .png but when exported it went .jpg?

Lightroom can only export jpgs from the filmstrip.

Hard to tell about your background question without seeing it (link?)

But at a guess: make sure that in Lightroom "background-color" is unchecked for all those areas you listed.
No need to edit the css files, you can set most everything from Lightroom.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-30 08:26:04

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: background Q

As Rod suggests, you should set the background-image for the body, and then make the other elements transparent.

Make sure that the image URL is relative to the location of the CSS file. For example, if you have folders:

phplugins/css
phplugins/images

Then you should use:

url(../images/filename.jpg)

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer