Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-27 15:18:45

rnh

Album Thumbnails in CE4 Galleries

Hello,

I am having some difficulty with album thumbnails published with CE4 Publisher.  I am attempting to use iconic thumbnails.  If I select an image from the album or use "Random", I get a thumbnail image, but it is not the entire image, and it is very low-resolution, as if it has been blown up a lot (the same image looks fine when viewed as a thumbnail or as a large image within the album).  Also, there is a black strip below the thumbnail image, but no text.  If I try to use a custom thumbnail, it renders a blank box where the thumbnail should be.

Would appreciate a clue or two on this, as I have spent a lot of time trying to make it work.

Thanks,
Randy Hoffner

#2 2014-10-27 21:42:28

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album Thumbnails in CE4 Galleries

HI Randy,

first, see this on album thumbnails: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … thumbnails

if the the thumbnail size you've set for the index (Galleries page, autoindex) are bigger than the thumbnails the album creates, then you'll get that low-resolution look.

Not sure about the black strip or your custom thumbnails issue without seeing it. Can you post a link?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-28 02:09:00

rnh

Hi Rod,

Information on thumbnails will help a lot.  Thanks.

The black strip looks like it would intend to contain some text, but it doesn't/

http://randyhoffner.com

Randy

#4 2014-10-28 02:48:08

rod barbee
Website

the black strip area does actually contain text. You just need to look closely the color and background color are nearly the same. You'll need to change either the color of the text or the color of the background.
For Pages, the album text color is controlled in Appearance > the Autoindex> Albums setup for Autoindex: Color and Color:hover

The background is controlled just above that with Background-color and Background-color :hover
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … auto_index

If using custom thumbnails, make them as big as the album area on the Galleries page. In your case that's 558 x 313px

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-10-28 04:53:05

rnh

Ah, okay.  I wondered about the text color, and tried to change it to white to see, but obviously changed it in the wrong place.  Thanks.

#6 2014-10-28 08:04:22

rnh

A further couple of questions, if you don't mind.  It looks to me like if ftp the complete new Pages folder as exported from LR after editing the colors as  above, it will blow away things I want to save by replacing items I don't want to replace. Is there just a single file or folder I could replace that would incorporate my changes, without affecting anything else?

And, I can't remember how I added custom thumbnails to beginn with.  Can I just ftp new ones into the custom-thumbnails folder,  or is there some other way I should do it?

Thanks,
Randy

#7 2014-10-28 09:30:03

rnh

Disregard previous post.  I uploaded the new Pages folder, and nothing changed.

#8 2014-10-28 11:08:48

rod barbee
Website

Is there just a single file or folder I could replace that would incorporate my changes, without affecting anything else?

Generally, if it's just styling changes (colors, fonts, padding, etc.) you can get away with just uploading the css folder

You can just upload new custom thumbs via ftp

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-10-28 11:47:21

rnh

Thank you.  And I am beginning to see the light.  I now see the text online, and I believe I see how to fix the size of the album thumbnails.

Randy

#10 2014-10-28 11:49:16

rnh

Thank you.  And I am beginning to see the light.  I now see the text online, and I believe I see how to fix the size of the album thumbnails.

Randy

#11 2014-10-30 15:14:03

rnh

Also learned that picture  files can't have spaces in their  names.  Now custom thumbnails are working.  Probably website  101, but just realized it.

#12 2014-10-30 22:14:24

rod barbee
Website

folder names too. Just numbers, letters, hyphens, and underscores
more here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ile_naming

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer