Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-15 16:51:40

sannebojer

Problem with Coupon

Hey

I have maked a Coupon, and it works... but it works too well.. I can reuse the Coupon again and again, so the costumer get more than the Coupons worth.. Did I do the settings wrong or is it a glitch?

Exsampel: http://sbgalleri.dk/test52/

#2 2014-09-15 17:40:14

sannebojer

Re: Problem with Coupon

Plus a other problem - If I select some pics in http://sbgalleri.dk/test52/ without ending the buy, and then make a other gallery with other pics (f.ex. http://sbgalleri.dk/baby/.. it remembers the selection from test52.. Not good..

#3 2014-09-15 21:41:23

rod barbee
Website

it remembers the selection from test52.. Not good..

unless you close out your browser, the cart will remember what you have in it. There's an option in the front-end (customer facing) portion of the cart to remove the items.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-09-15 21:50:57

rod barbee
Website

I have maked a Coupon, and it works... but it works too well.. I can reuse the Coupon again and again,

have you actually completed a checkout process to test this? Right now, your cart doesn't have any checkout enabled.

If I remember correctly (can't find the documentation on it) a coupon code is kind of like a credit for your customer. Yours is set to kr.69. This means that if your customer buys something that's kr.40 and uses your coupon code, she'll have kr.29 left to use. Once all kr.69 is used up, the coupon code will no longer work unless you go into the Cart admin and add "credit" to the coupon.

But it has to go through the checkout process first. But if you don't have that set up, the coupon will always be kr.69.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-09-17 19:26:26

sannebojer

rod barbee wrote:

I have maked a Coupon, and it works... but it works too well.. I can reuse the Coupon again and again,

have you actually completed a checkout process to test this? Right now, your cart doesn't have any checkout enabled.

If I remember correctly (can't find the documentation on it) a coupon code is kind of like a credit for your customer. Yours is set to kr.69. This means that if your customer buys something that's kr.40 and uses your coupon code, she'll have kr.29 left to use. Once all kr.69 is used up, the coupon code will no longer work unless you go into the Cart admin and add "credit" to the coupon.

But it has to go through the checkout process first. But if you don't have that set up, the coupon will always be kr.69.

I have fixed the checkout and if my customer reuse the coupon, then after entering name and more, the side go error.

coupon: Array ( [id] => 2

=> 1stk13x18 [amount] => 69.0 [balance] => 69.0 [expiry] => 2014-09-30 [created] => 2014-09-17 12:14:40 [modified] => 

) and so on... The Balance on the coupon go in zero, but I can't add credit, I have to delete the Coupon, and make it again, if I want to "refill" that Coupon. So... in fact I must make 1 Coupon per customer, because I can't give the same Coupon to more then one, because of the balance? - If I want to make sure, that the 69 kr. only can be used 1 time per customer?

#6 2014-09-17 19:30:28

sannebojer

rod barbee wrote:

it remembers the selection from test52.. Not good..

unless you close out your browser, the cart will remember what you have in it. There's an option in the front-end (customer facing) portion of the cart to remove the items.

Okey, so that wouldn't be a problem, because customer A and customer B will not look on the same gallery thougth the same brower-window?

#7 2014-09-17 20:44:01

rod barbee
Website

Ben will need to address the error. My understanding is that you can add to the coupon from the Cart admin.

in fact I must make 1 Coupon per customer, because I can't give the same Coupon to more then one, because of the balance?

As far as I know, that is correct.

customer A and customer B will not look on the same gallery thougth the same brower-window?

Right.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-09-17 21:33:25

sannebojer

rod barbee wrote:

Ben will need to address the error. My understanding is that you can add to the coupon from the Cart admin.

The error was because I didn't type the correct password for my Gmail (Doh!), but now it works, and I did test the Coupon.
And unfortunately, you can still use the same coupon multiple times.
The Balance is still zero, but without complaining about the value of the coupon went over the 69 kr.

The second time around detects the system that the coupon is used, and does warrant that you can't use the coupon.

Eksampel: http://sbgalleri.dk/testing/ and coupon named "abc"

Last edited by sannebojer (2014-09-17 21:40:42)

#9 2014-09-18 14:06:13

Ben

Can you explain the exact steps taken that lead to the error message:  Array ( [id] => 2
=> 1stk13x18 [amount] => 69.0 [balance] => 69.0 [expiry] => 2014-09-30 [created] => 2014-09-17 12:14:40 [modified] => 
?
Also, a screenshot including the full page and URL would be great.

What you have described and what I can see from your test gallery appears to be a bug.  I'll review the code and get back to you.

#10 2014-09-18 21:38:10

sannebojer

Ben wrote:

Can you explain the exact steps taken that lead to the error message:  Array ( [id] => 2
?
Also, a screenshot including the full page and URL would be great.

What you have described and what I can see from your test gallery appears to be a bug.  I'll review the code and get back to you.

Yes, the error occurred when I did not write the correct password into my gmail account.
I wrote the correct password, and then no error.

#11 2014-09-19 22:05:34

Ben

Thanks for letting me know.  I have added a fix to the issue you've encountered with coupons.  Please download and upgrade to Cart 3.0.5.  The upgrade instructions can be found in the readme.txt or at http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _changelog

#12 2014-09-22 15:39:46

sannebojer

Ben wrote:

Thanks for letting me know.  I have added a fix to the issue you've encountered with coupons.  Please download and upgrade to Cart 3.0.5.  The upgrade instructions can be found in the readme.txt or at http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _changelog

It works perfectly now. Thank you for such a quick resolution of the problem.

Board footer