Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-02 10:15:58

rdinterman
Website

Photos Not Showing, but there.

After the latest update, the gallery displays but the pictures are not there.  The page is full and indicates photos are there.  See http://dinterman.com/galleries/2014/2014-dawns-party/ for what I am talking about.  Galleries created since the update have no problem, just the ones prior to 6.1.0.
Thanks!
Ray

Ray

#2 2014-09-02 10:31:29

rdinterman
Website

Re: Photos Not Showing, but there.

This affected every gallery that was moved from CE3, all was well until the updates on 8/22.

Ray

#3 2014-09-02 11:06:44

rod barbee
Website

the gallery you linked to was a 6.1.0 version. Are you saying that it's just this version or CE4 versions after the 6.0.5b hotfix?

(I'm not sure that the 6.1.0 version was ready for release. It still shows as "in development" in the change log and there's no mention of it on the blog. I've been testing it but hadn't heard that the issues I reported had been addressed)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-09-02 11:18:40

rdinterman
Website

Hi Rod - I downloaded from the link that was sent via e-mail, so whatever version it leads to.  It was after that upgrade that galleries moved from CE3 started doing this.  I had not noticed until recently.  Double checked everything.  When I attempt to republish I get this error message: 

Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate

Message: The template <cite>ttg-be/templates/gallery/</cite> could not be found.  Create this template with CE4 Gallery then upload it to your server.

Any help appreciated.

Ray

#5 2014-09-02 11:46:25

Matthew
Administrator
Website

/thumbnails exists.

/thumbnails-for-mobile does not.

So when the gallery is digging into the latter to get image measurements, they're returning as width:0 and height:0. So technically, the images are on the page; they're just so small as to not be seen.

The gallery needs a /thumbnails-for-mobile rendition. The mobile gallery in particular is heavily dependent upon this.

Perhaps we neglected to consider CE3-migrations when making the changes in 6.0.5 for faster publishing. The simplest solution for now is to re-publish your images.

We might need to address this better internally, but I'm not sure what that will entail right now.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2014-09-02 17:28:57

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Actually, we've just been working on overarching changes that will hopefully address this issue without your having to republish. If you can hang on briefly, I will hopefully be able to email you test builds that you can try out ahead of release.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2014-09-04 08:17:39

rdinterman
Website

Thank you for the fix, with the update all is well.

Ray

Board footer