Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-22 18:40:09

deeley_s

pages gallery built using stage

Hi
I was advised to use CE4 stages (6.0.2) to build my pages-gallery. The CE4 documentation on allowing publisher to run your home page says  " You may assign any gallery template to be used, created by CE4 Gallery, CE4 Stage, etc."  All worked well on PC but when I tried to view on IPAD I got an error message saying that "the template file ce4_homepage_template/template_mobile.php could not be found" - where ce4_template_homepage is the name I gave to template I'd created using stage. WhenI checked, stage doesn't produce a mobile template, and when I tried copying one over from a gallery template built sin ce4_gallery, the resulting page was better on IPAD lost the error message but still didn't serve properly - all I got was the masthead and a bunch of broken icons. Am I doing something stupid? Or is that the pages-gallery can only be built using a gallery template?

#2 2014-08-22 18:55:33

lofty
Website

Re: pages gallery built using stage

Hi,

My home page is built using stage as far as I know, does not have any issues on Mobile.

See Matt's tutorial here http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page

#3 2014-08-22 19:16:36

deeley_s

Hi Jon,
Thanks for responding. I've followed the tutorial to the letter, and it works fine on PC.  I tried it on Iphone and it worked fine, tried it on IPAD and it failed - this time I got a repeating series of 12x each image.  However, clearing the browser history and it works fine - it seems to be an interaction between a bookmarked version of the old CE3 site and the new CE4 code.

#4 2014-08-23 00:19:29

lofty
Website

Excellent,

Glad you got it sorted smile

Board footer