Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-16 05:43:57

Ken
Website

Cart Setting to Control Background Color?

I can not find the setting that controls the background color of the bar above the cart content. This bar includes the text Quantity Remove Amount.

The color that currently fills this rectangular space does not correspond to any of the form colors under site info. Does any one have an idea where I can find it?

In case you want to look here is the URL to my gallery, just add an image to the shopping cart and you can see what I am referring to:

http://ioscapes.com/galleries.php

#2 2014-08-16 06:08:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart Setting to Control Background Color?

According to the Firefox Inspector, this is a Table Row element. Table colors are controlled in Site Info > Typography > Tables.
So try changing Alternating Rows Background Color in the template you're using for your cart. If using Shared Resources, change it Pages.

To preview the change in Lightroom use the Typography preview under Now Showing at the top of Site Info as well as Color Palette.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-16 06:08:49)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-16 06:16:01

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

According to the Firefox Inspector, this is a Table Row element. Table colors are controlled in Site Info > Typography > Tables.
So try changing Alternating Rows Background Color in the template you're using for your cart. If using Shared Resources, change it Pages.

To preview the change in Lightroom use the Typography preview under Now Showing at the top of Site Info as well as Color Palette.

In the back of my mind, I had the thought that it might be controlled by table colors. I didn't want to go there because I am happy with my table colors. I guess I was being lazy smile  I will have to invest a little time experimenting with this setting. Thanks for your help.

#4 2014-08-16 06:48:20

rod barbee
Website

If you don't want to change table colors for the rest of the site you can just target the table row in the cart with custom css.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-16 06:56:43

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

If you don't want to change table colors for the rest of the site you can just target the table row in the cart with custom css.

Rod, when you talk about custom CSS, I get a little nervous about having to learn something under the hood, so to speak.

#6 2014-08-16 07:06:58

rod barbee
Website

not so much under the hood as adding an accessory to the side. But if you want to be able to customize your site beyond what's designed in (and with all the requests you've made, it seems you do), you'll need to get your hands a little dirty. And you really can't hurt anything; if things look weird you just delete or comment out the css you added in your custom css file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-08-18 00:10:07

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

not so much under the hood as adding an accessory to the side. But if you want to be able to customize your site beyond what's designed in (and with all the requests you've made, it seems you do), you'll need to get your hands a little dirty. And you really can't hurt anything; if things look weird you just delete or comment out the css you added in your custom css file.

Thanks Rod for the encouragement. Referencing your "TTG Tips and Tricks: Custom CSS: using the inspector to probe css selectors" plus the TTG Custom CSS Documentation, I created a custom.css file. Not to change the color in the cart, but to hide the Discount Code Entry part of the cart and to shrink the size it takes up. I really did not like having this in the cart and now it has disappeared! To accomplish this I also had to find a site that listed CSS Properties, where I discovered the visibility property. Worth the time spent, now I feel some modest level of confidence about the custom css.

Thanks for your help

#8 2014-08-18 00:44:45

rod barbee
Website

Be sure to read up on the difference between using visibility: hidden; and display: none;, it might affect how the cart looks.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_display_visibility.asp

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-08-18 00:49:10

Ken
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Be sure to read up on the difference between using visibility: hidden; and display: none;, it might affect how the cart looks.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_display_visibility.asp

Thanks, I was wondering if there was an option besides hiding. I will try out the display:none

Board footer