Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-12 08:03:23

Em

Pre-purchase Qs

Hi, I am looking at the publishing bundle and cart.

I have several income streams. Tangible goods we sell and pack from our own headquarters. I also want to add download and photo/video purchases to the site - hence why checking this out.

I have also been looking at the ability for Fotomoto to integrate with theturninggate.

So:

1) Can I use Fotomoto shopping cart/features AND also use theturninggate cart. Can both carts be used on the same image or would I need to have separate galleries?

For example:
There may be a photo I offer for download via the ttg cart...

and, want to offer the same photo using fotomoto so a customer could get a greeting card or poster if desired. (We don't do in-house framing and professional printing for example).

also, since some photos are of products we sell and ship in-house, I would also like to offer the ability to buy the product shown in the image using the ttg cart.

Can I do all of this? (ttg cart for download, ttg cart for tangible items and fotomoto option for images) and if so, can I do it on the image level (having the ttg cart function on one icon and the fotomoto function on another icon. I am sure I can create separate icon images to reflect a difference for the two carts since if I understand right, the ttg cart I would receive the funds in-house and fotomoto purchases the fund go to them first - is that correct?

Or would I have to have different galleries to accomplish this and hence - creating double the work in some cases.

I may not be asking this correctly since I have only been reading about it now, but hopefully you will know what I am getting at and give me some words of wisdom about if, and or in a nutshell, how I would do this.

I am fairly well versed in html and css but not a hard-core programmer, so mild tweaks are workable.

Thank you ahead of time, Em

#2 2014-08-12 08:14:24

rod barbee
Website

Re: Pre-purchase Qs

Hi Em,

1) Can I use Fotomoto shopping cart/features AND also use theturninggate cart. Can both carts be used on the same image or would I need to have separate galleries?

Separate galleries

also, since some photos are of products we sell and ship in-house, I would also like to offer the ability to buy the product shown in the image using the ttg cart.

you can do this with the TTG Cart

Can I do all of this? (ttg cart for download, ttg cart for tangible items and fotomoto option for images) and if so, can I do it on the image level (having the ttg cart function on one icon and the fotomoto function on another icon.

No. Using TTG cart you could, for instance, set up pricing so that there are options on one image for say, prints, mugs, etc. But you couldn't also have Fotomoto.

In any one gallery/album you can either use TTG Cart or Fotomoto, but not both in the same gallery.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-12 09:10:20

Em

Thanks! That's what I thought.

One more Q: I was looking at the demo that has the cart integrated and see for example the product "print' with sizes/prices...

Can I set up the cart so that the image product = "print and/or tangible item" and then the options as:

"Size " tag in the demo - Can I change that tag to say for example "Options"
image print size xxxx $1
image print size xxx $2
tangible item xxxx $14

Basically, wondering if I can change the tags to customize. The overview info seemed to sound like one can do a lot of custom stuff if they know html/css? is that a correct assumtion. I assume so but thought I would ask. Thanks.

Last edited by Em (2014-08-12 09:11:25)

#4 2014-08-12 09:25:28

rod barbee
Website

yep, completely customizable. I use cart to sell workshop spaces and books.

In the cart admin area you can set up products with as many attributes and options you like. There are no default tags to these, you'll need to fill them out. No need for html or css to set up your products and pricing.

If you want to go beyond what's provided for styling however, you can use custom css to your heart's content smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-13 01:47:51

Em

HI, for the "Stage" module:

Can you add buy button to video if someone wants to purchase a little video snippet. Sort of like they have on the stock video sites?

If so, would it work the same shopping cart wise as for photos?

Thank you...

#6 2014-08-13 03:25:25

rod barbee
Website

You can create a buy button for anything you want, though I don't believe the cart can deliver the video (because Lightroom can't output video). You'll have to handle the delivery manually: someone buys, you email or place in Dropbox or something.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer