Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-03 20:47:16

Ken
Website

How do I set up different print proportions and their pricing schemes?

In my galleries I have photographs that have either 2X3, 1X2, or 1X3 proportions. Each image is only available in that size proportion. For example a client can purchase a 2X3 proportion image in a 12 X 18 inch print or a 24 X 36 inch print, but not in a 12 X 24 inch or 24 X 36 inch print. Each proportion has its own product and pricing scheme. For example 1X3 proportion (panoramas) have their own product with the size attribute listing the correct sizes available, and a corresponding pricing scheme.

If there is a mix of images with these proportions in each album, is it possible to set up cart pricing profiles for each proportion? In Publisher under the Album Features tab it appears you can only select one pricing profile for an album. Does this mean I have to separate my images into different galleries (albums) according to their proportion. For example all of my panoramas (1X3 proportion) in an album with their pricing scheme.

I hope this is not the case, because from an aesthetic/design standpoint it will be very odd to arrange photo galleries by image proportion as opposed to more natural criteria such as subject or location.

This appears to be a major limitation to Cart. Is there a way of getting around this so that published galleries can have a mix of proportioned images, and when one is added to the shopping cart only the correct size attributes and pricing appear for that proportion?

#2 2014-08-03 20:55:04

Ken
Website

Re: How do I set up different print proportions and their pricing schemes?

one addition thought: under the Managing Pricing Schemes documentation it states:

"To setup pricing schemes, either add or edit an existing pricing scheme. Give the scheme a name and select the products. The name given to a pricing scheme (e.g. 'default') is used for matching pricing profiles for galleries or individual images,"

The Album setup allows assigning a pricing scheme to an album, but the above suggests that pricing schemes can also be assigned to individual images. Does this mean I could assign a different pricing scheme for panorama proportion images (1X3) and another one for standard proportion images (2X3)? If so how do you do this?

#3 2014-08-03 22:09:49

rod barbee
Website

In CE4 Gallery, check the "Mixed Pricing" option in Output Settings under E-Commerce.
You'll then need to supply the name of a pricing scheme in each image's metadata. The category field is used by default.
When creating an Album, you can leave the pricing scheme field at 'default'.
Any images that don't have a pricing scheme name in the category field will use the default.

Mixed pricing isn't covered in the docs yet. But I've got a blog post on my TTG-Tips site:
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … d-pricing/

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-03 22:10:38)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-08-03 23:00:17

Ken
Website

Thanks for this info. I will look over the blog post.

#5 2014-08-04 08:15:42

Ken
Website

I tried to set up the mixed pricing and some thing is not working correctly.

I enabled mixed pricing in the gallery template.
I set up a Product called, Standard Cotton
I set up a Pricing scheme called, Standard Cotton
In each image meta data I added under category, Standard Cotton

When I click on the shopping cart icon I receive a message indicating there is a problem:"No products are available for purchase
Please try again later, or contact the photographer if this problem persists."

When I leave image meta data category blank and click on the shopping cart icon the default Cart pricing/product scheme appears.

Here is the url for the test site:

http://ioscapes.com/webtest/galleries/test/

The first two images (SP-003-S and FA-025-S) meta data category has Standard Cotton. The other three images have a blank category field, so the default pricing scheme pops up.

What am I doing wrong?

#6 2014-08-04 08:20:57

rod barbee
Website

did you also remember to republish the images after making the metadata additions?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-08-04 08:24:47

rod barbee
Website

actually, it's working for me. I see the different products. Try resetting the cart, clearing cache in your browser, or even try a different browser

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-08-04 09:19:30

Ken
Website

good idea, clean the cache. Should have thought of that.

Thanks

Board footer