Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-15 07:14:21

john
Website

Duplicate website on another computer

I am on the road and thought it would be a piece of cake to duplicate my website www.voyagerphotography.com on my traveling macbook.  Not so say I.

Can you tell me if and if so how I can duplicate the necessary elements of TTG 3 on this computer so I can update while traveling?

Thank you. 

John

#2 2014-03-15 08:30:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: Duplicate website on another computer

I copy the entire contents of the Lightroom/ folder that contains Web Galleries/, Web Templates/ and all the other Lightroom presets and plugins and whatnot. It's the same folder that's shown when you click the "Show Lightroom Presets Folder" button from Edit>Preferences.

This way I always have the latest TTG plug-ins and all my user templates with me along with Library Export presets, metadata, and file naming presets.

If you manage your site with Publisher, you'll also need to have the same catalog on your macbook as is on your desktop. Either that or use the Lightroom Voyager plug-in to transfer your published collections from one computer to another.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-04-02 12:35:05

john
Website

Re: Duplicate website on another computer

Thanks Rod.  I will try this tomorrow.  I am at my desktop now but I do carry my catalog when I am on the road so this should fix my problem.

John

Board footer