Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-21 03:27:01

PeterJ

Trouble setting up Publisher on another computer - Gallery is renamed

Hi,

I am on the road and I need to add a gallery to an existing set.
I have just installed LR and the TTG Publisher on a new computer, to do this.

Here's the problem:

Since I already have an album set called 'Private Galleries' (on my setup at home), when I 'Create Album Set', I get the message, "Duplicate album set found" and the set is then appended with a '1'.

Then I create an album within that set, as I want to publish a new private gallery.
Once I publish, the new album is not on the website under the the newly renamed gallery 'Private_Galleries1', but instead under a new  album called 'Private-Galleries1'  (The underscore replaced by a dash).

How do I change the album so that it is in the Album Set with the underscore?

Thanks.

Edit: It's actually not the underscore that is the problem - I can rename it, but the problem is LR won't allow me to add an Album set that has the exact name as my other LR publisher name. So I can't add new albums to the album set that exists on the other system.

What is the workaround please?

Last edited by PeterJ (2019-12-21 04:36:00)

#2 2019-12-21 07:35:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: Trouble setting up Publisher on another computer - Gallery is renamed

Albums and album sets you create in Lightroom are catalog specific. You can’t add albums to sets or images to albums from your laptop catalog that were created with your home catalog.
If you’re not working from the same catalog, your only option is to create a new album (and a new set) using the catalog on your laptop.

In Backlight 2 you can add images to albums, or add albums to album sets, created in Lightroom Publisher by using the online Backlight Publisher. (These would not be subsequently controllable from Lightroom though)

This doesn’t help you now, but it’s a good reason to upgrade to Backlight 2

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-12-24 04:27:09

PeterJ

Re: Trouble setting up Publisher on another computer - Gallery is renamed

Thanks Rod - I'll make do with Backlight 1 and live with the limitations for this purpose.

Board footer