Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-16 00:20:55

Etherjoe

CE4 to Backlight 2 Struggling to Transition for Hires downloads

I have used TTG CE plugins with Lightroom for many years.  I only used it to make web sites to give family members the  option to download the original images in full resolution.  This worked well. 

Today I bought Backlight 2 and installed as per the instructions.  I have downloaded the TTG publisher and integrated it into Lightroom and even published an album.  I am now completely lost as to how to enable full resolution downloads.  This used to be simple in CE4, even with the additional step of enabling phplugins.  I can see that the whole structure of backlight is very different to CE4. 

Is the option to enable hi res downloads available through TTG Publisher?

Do I have to switch to creating albums by publishing via Backlight rather than Lightroom?  Is this the preferred option for the future, with support for Lightroom being run down?  It seems like an enormous  amount of work compared with the CE4 plugin.

Do I need to purchase another Backlight module to be able to generate a simple option to download the hires original for each thumb nail or slideshow image?

Clearly I have no idea, be gentle.

#2 2019-07-16 00:27:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 to Backlight 2 Struggling to Transition for Hires downloads

You can enable hi-res download in the album template under Photo Presentation > Downloads. It works pretty much the same way it was in CE4.

http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … -downloads

I think that once you get used to working with Backlight that you’ll find it a lot faster and easier than working with the old Lightroom Web Module plugins

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-07-16 01:10:57

Etherjoe

Re: CE4 to Backlight 2 Struggling to Transition for Hires downloads

Dear Rod

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  Your response told me it was possible.  I was clearly having doubts.  Now the documentation makes a bit more sense and its working.  It does look easier.

Board footer