Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-28 20:05:07

sara_sve_swe

Lightroom 5 Bugg

There is a bug in Lightroom 5 which makes the images exported without sharpness if you export images less than 1/3 of its original size. http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop … ot_working
I have built my entire website in Lightroom 5th Now I have to uninstall LG 5 in anticipation of it, a bug fix. I have tried to install the LG 4 alongside the LG 5th but I may not agree with me that that is the publishing services. Do you have to do it all or you can import those settings?

Last edited by sara_sve_swe (2013-06-28 20:05:59)

#2 2013-06-28 20:08:22

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Lightroom 5 Bugg

I've personally had no issues with LR5, and I've been using it for months.

If you need to migrate publish collections between catalogs, look for the Lightroom Voyager plugin. Should come up in a Google search.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-06-29 08:22:43

dougc

I was curious to see this experience about a "bug" in LR5.  While I have not seen this particular problem, I have had a different problem since upgrading to LR5.

My standard procedure when I receive updates to the TTG CE3 Publishing Bundle (CE3 Pages, Gallery, and Auto Index) is to download them, extract the files, and put the plugins in the appropriate LR folder.  Then I start LR, select (from the Library Module) my Auto Index plugin Web Gallery, switch to the Web Module, make sure the correct (new) TTG Plugin version is shown and that the correct User Template is selected and I export the template.  I go back to the Library Module and repeat this process for my Gallery plugin Web Gallery, and then I repeat the process (again returning to the Library Module first) with my Pages plugin Web Gallery.  Almost invariably when I do the third plugin (I don't always do this in the same plugin order), LR5 crashes while trying to load the third plugin Web Gallery when I switch to the Web Module.  I assume this is a bug in the first release of LR5 as I never experienced this problem with LR4.

By the way, once LR5 crashes I must use the Task Manager (Windows 7) to close it.  I then restart LR5 and process the third of the three plugins.  Once I get all three new plugins processed ("Exported"), I ftp them to my web site and they seem to work as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

#4 2013-06-29 09:54:26

rod barbee
Website

Just curious, but why go back to the Library module to select a web gallery? That's what the Collection pane in the Web Module is for.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-06-29 12:38:18

dougc

Rod,

Short answer:
I have found Lightroom to behave strangely on occasion and going back to the Library Module provides what I perceive to be a "clean slate" to start the next process. 

Long answer:
Frankly, I consider this web stuff (and Lightroom in particular) to be a house of cards.  There is my ISP, my web host (and all that entails:  Linux, Apache, php, etc.), and Adobe Lightroom and its plugins (TTG CE3, for example).  When things don't play well together, a lot of finger pointing can go on.  For example, you may recognize me as one of the TTG users who recently switched from Network Solutions to Bluehost because of interactions that Network Solutions would not address.  I think Matt and the rest of you associated with TTG have been excellent at not stooping to finger pointing behaviors. 

If I am in the Web Module with my Pages Web Gallery loaded with my Pages User Template and I click on my Gallery Web Gallery, I am asking Lightroom and the plugins to play well together (exit the Pages Web Gallery (and the corresponding User Template for my Pages plugin) and load the Gallery Web Gallery (and the corresponding User Template for my Gallery plugin)).

In addition, I have found it common for Lightroom to default to a User Template that I have used previously for a specific Web Gallery rather than a newer one (and, yes, I have been very careful to update the newer one with the new settings and to save it).  Now I just delete older versions of User Templates so Lightroom can't play this little trick. 

Thus, it seems to me that clearly separating these steps by going back to the Library Module reduces the chances of these interactions.

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean the software isn't out to get me!  :-)

I hope I've made some sense here.

Doug

#6 2013-06-29 12:59:43

rod barbee
Website

I'm pretty sure there's no one from Adobe lurking on the forum who's just read your precautionary measures and is about to implement a fix that will detect such precaution and throw a wrench at it.
I'm almost certain no one is doing that.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2013-06-29 14:31:38

dougc

LOL!  Maybe I also have too much time on my hands, or at least am not making very good use of it. :-)

Board footer