Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-26 17:54:59

tz.1

Linux and Darktable

Mainly for performance, stability and security reasons, I am currently in a process to move my entire IT infrastructure from Windows to Linux and to open software in general. Adobe Lightroom is actually the ONLY reason left for keeping a Windows partition on my harddisk. Looking at Lightrooms equally powerful counterpart Darktable I wonder if you have considered using your excellent web publishing technology to make it available in an open-source environment, e.g. by developing plugins for Darktable (in fact, I would use Darktable instead of LR already if there were TTG plugins available).

I am very certain that this would meet the needs of many professional and semi-professional users who also would like to work on stable and high-performing platforms (for performance reasons, virtualization of Lightroom under Linux is therefore not an option for me).

As far as I know there is no Lightroom version for Linux planned and Adobe seems to be reluctant to produce one according to responses given to these questions in their forum.

#2 2013-05-26 21:38:04

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Linux and Darktable

I'm not a user of Linux operating systems, am not familiar with Darktable, and therefore have no plans to develop plugins for it. My hands are more than full at the moment, so neither am I keen or even able to explore new avenues at the moment. I am glad you think so highly of our work, though, that it keeps you holding onto Lightroom. Thank you!

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer